Everything Was A Dream

I take a step back, "I'm not going to hurt you." I whispered. 

Lowering my head, telling the panther that I was submitting to him. "Clara... You need to wake up!" I heard it growl. 

I looked at it confused, "Mom?" I ask. 

Suddenly, a bright light begin to fill my vision, and surround me. I gasp, closing my eyes as I'm consumed by the light. Wondering if I'm dieing, hearing the sound of beeping...

Gasping as I'm staring into the faces of my parents. Sitting up, and panicking... I wasn't in the forest anymore, instead I lay in a hospital bed. Seeing my parents and some crew member alive, my mother holding my hand. Tears began to fall down my face, "I'm dead..." I whispered. 

That's when my mother squeezes my hand, "Honey, you are not dead. You've been in a coma for a couple of months. The doctors said you wouldn't wake up, but you did." My mother said, tears falling down her cheeks as my father hugs her. 

"You aren't real!" I yelled, and that's when Adam walked in. I gasp, a hand flying to my face.

That's when everything hit me...

The forest...

The powers...

The panthers...

Ren...

Everything was a dream...

Even...

Adam...

I've been dreaming everything, thinking I've actually gone through it all. Remembering that right before the crash I was reading a book called, The Man in the Wilderness. Realizing that Adam in the book was only the young crush I had on the ship. Right before the ship crashed, the night before, he had finally kissed me. I had finally found my prince, or should I say man. It was then all taken away when I went into the coma.

"Clara, are you alright?" Adam said, taking my hand in his. Still feeling that spark that we had, and I shake my head. 

Letting my brown hair fall around my face, "No, I'm not..." I whispered, sobbing. 

My parents ask that everyone left, and she ushered everyone out except for her. My mom came, and sat down beside me. Hugging me to her, as I cried into her shoulder. "Honey, what's wrong?" She asked, brushing my hair out of my face. 

I look up at her, "I think I just died, not physically but mentally." I said, hugger her tighter. 

"What do you been?" 

I sigh, "I never noticed I was in the coma. My brain made up a world for me, and I could feel everything while I was in the coma. Pain, heartbreak, love... Everything, and I could feel love finally. I fell in love with the Man in the Wilderness. But he will never know..." I whispered.

Knowing that he was gone, only a figment of my imagination. I cry even harder knowing that there was a man in the world I actually live in that looks exactly like Adam. Suddenly, the heart monitor beginning to climax and the white light begins to come back. I gasp, hearing my mom yell for someone. As I lay there, watching the light surround me again. I smile, wondering if I'm now dying...

But I wasn't I lay in a dark room, tied to a table with a scary doctor above me with a syringe. "Oh, she is back with us." I heard James say. That's when I realized I was dreaming and I was still here with Adam. I smile, knowing that I will actually get to see him again. "What are you smiling about girl?" James asked, grabbing my face to make me look at him. 

I smile even bigger, "I'm in love..." I whispered. Breaking the bounds around my body, as I blast the doctor and James away with my air. Feeling my powers rushing back to me, making me gasp. As I stood up, smiling as I ran out of the base. "Adam!!" I yelled throughout the base as I ran.

Suddenly, an arm shot out of nowhere. Pulling me into a warm chest, "Clara..." He whispered. I turned around, staring into his blue eyes. Crying as I buried my head into his chest, breathing in his scent in. 

"Baby, what happened?" He asked. 

"It's nothing. I'll tell you later, not like this." I told him. 

"Okay, you need to get out of here." He warned. 

"I know, but I had to see you. I'm sorry." I said, walking away. Running down the hallway, when I feel a hand slip into my mine. Running with me, and we smile at each other. Escaping from the guards, hiding behind boxes and inside rooms. I see the exit, and I'm about to run to it. When I feel a tug, and throws me back against the wall.

Hearing gunshots fly by, and I breath in. Seeing Adam covering me, and I stare into his blue eyes. Leaning in and kissing him, feeling my arms wrap around his neck. While his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me against his chest. Hearing him moan, digging his fingers into my waist making me jump in surprise. Slipping his tongue into my mouth, and going even deeper. He pulls away, pecking me on the nose. "You need to go." He whispered. 

I nodded, and let go of him. Running through the exit, seeing Ren waiting for me in the woods. I whistle and he comes running, barking at me. Escaping from the base, and hiding in the tree house that Adam had created. Seeing that it wasn't destroyed by the fire.

Climbing up the trunk and laying down on the bed. Getting my thoughts together, and I heard whining come from the base of the tree. Sighing, as I used my powers to get Ren up here. Seeing him jump in, and walk toward me. I smiled as he laid down beside me. Cuddling with him, not knowing if I would go asleep that I would return to the world I dreamt about. Instead, I stare at the ceiling, meaning the branches of the tree. Watching as they sway in the wind, and the rustling of the leaves. Feeling the breeze was calming, and I was beginning to fall asleep.

(Adam's POV)

I was walking around, doing a patrol with some of the other guards. When I heard people talking, gossiping about how they found Casani. I wondered who that was, and they said that they were keeping her in the medical wing. When they said her, I knew they must have been talking about Clara. I quickly excused myself, saying I was beginning to get sick and I needed to head to the medic wing. 

They nod their heads, and walk away continuing on their patrol. While I ran through the base, reaching the medic hall. Sneaking away, and looking through one of the windows. Not seeing anyone in the room, and I begin to go through the halls. Looking for her, when I heard James. I hide behind a wall, seeing him walk by with guards. "We need her to awaken, and so I can drill her with questions. If she doesn't want to answer, then use torture." I heard them say.

Making sure that they had gone away, and I sneaked back down the hallway. Walking down the hall and seeing a dead end, and I curse. Realizing that James had lead me in the wrong way. Growling as I run back the way I came, following where I last saw James. Hurrying so they wouldn't get to Clara, and suddenly I heard my name being called out. Rounding the corner when I see her, about to run into some guards. I grab her arm, and push her into my hiding spot with me. Clara was crying, and I comforted. Knowing I needed to get her out of her, and quickly without getting her hurt in the process. And I help her escape, and see her running out, free.

I look back at the men running around, and I begin to search for her. I hide a smile under my helmet, knowing I was in love. And my love had escaped harm. Finally, the alarm has ended and were all sent into our rooms for dinner. I lay on my bed, and stare at the ceiling. Wondering what I was going to do, when I heard a small tapping on door. Opening it, and see a note laying on the floor. I look back and forth, wondering who it was from. Closing the door behind me, and I open the letter. Seeing that it was from my general. Saying that our group was leaving, and that we are to escort James to a boat. Knowing this was going to be my only chance, and I needed to tell Clara some how. But I didn't know how.

Pacing across my room when I hear another tapping at my window instead. I jump, and grab the gun at my waist. Slowly opening the window to see Ren, hiding in the bushes. A note tied around his neck, laughing as he sat there. I gently slip off the note, and seeing it was Clara asking what we are going to do next. I slip the note the general sent out to all of us. 

"Go back to Clara. Keep her safe for me." I whisper to Ren. He licks my hand, and runs off. Closing my window, and I sit down my bed. Running my hands through my hair, nervous about what is coming in the next couple of days.