Emotions Running Wild

I woke to the sound of barking and someone yelling my name. I slowly looked around and realized I was inside bushes, up against a tree. Groaning as I sat up. Touching the bump on my head and it was huge. My vision was blurry and I tried to focus on one thing. My body, on the other hand, felt like I had got caught in a wave and it wouldn't let me go to the surface. "Clara!!" I heard my name again.

I crawled out the bushes, doing an army crawl. "Over... here!" I tried to yell. I laid on my back, staring up into the branches of trees. That's when something black came in my vision. Licking my face and knowing it was Ren. "Hey, boy! Go get Adam!" I said.

He just sat down and leaned his head back. Howling up to the sky. "Ren! What are you doing?" That's when I looked over to see Adam come into the little clearing.

"Clara!" He yelled.

Running over to Ren and I, kneeling down to me. "Hey, I think this place hates me." I laughed out but stopping as it hurt.

Adam laughed a little. "Oh, don't think like that, Clara. Here let me help you." He said.

Putting his arms underneath my legs and back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head against his shoulder. While Ren walked alongside us. Making our way back to the tree house. Soon, we arrived at the tree house. Adam carried me up to his room. Laying me down on the bed and I relaxed against the pillows. "I'll be right back."

I nodded and I watched him leave. I patted the bed, letting Ren know he could jump up here and he did jump up here, going behind me and laying down. I slowly began pet Ren and stare into his beautiful blue eyes. Ren lifted his head, hearing Adam come back up. But it wasn't Adam, it was the poacher. "Hello, my dear." He said, with an evil grin.

Ren stood up, growling with his ears back. I leaned up on my arm, trying not to hurt myself anymore. "Why are you here?" I asked, trying not to show fear in me.

"Oh, I'm here for my brother, not you." He laughed, "But I think you are now going to be my bait." He said, strutting over to me. Ren leaps on top of him and biting his shoulder, scratching him.

That's when I heard someone running up the stairs. "Clara!" Adam screamed when he saw and then that's when his brother pushed Ren off of him.

"James..." Adam said, stopping in his path.

"Hello, brother. I found your little lover, but I wasn't looking for her. Because I need you instead." That's when James attacks Adam, but Adam dodges James. They begin to fight and I stand up with the help of Ren. Trying to escape outside before I get in the middle of it. I finally climbed on top of Ren and he skipped down the stairs with me on his back.

"Ren, go to the cave." I whispered to him in his ear.

As soon as we got there, I fell off of him. Landing on my side and breathing in from the pain. "Now, go back and help Adam," I said.

But Ren just stood his ground beside me, looking over at me. I glared at him. "Fine, if he dies it's your fault," I said, not noticing as a tear ran down my cheek. I curled up into a ball in the back of the cave. That's when I heard Ren whine and I see him dragging something toward me. Seeing a backpack come from behind a pile of rocks.

"He knew something like this was going to happen..." I whispered out.

That's when I leaned up against the wall and tried to stand up. Breathing heavy, I wobbled over to the entrance. That's when I saw him and was limping over to us. Seeing him fall to the ground, "Adam!" I screamed.

Running to him and touching his face. "Adam, where does it hurt?" That's when his hand grabbed mine, moving it down to his stomach. Seeing a huge gash run across it. A tear slipped down my cheek and he wiped it away.