Losing Him Again

(Adam's POV)

It's months... no, years... I thought, not knowing what has happened over the time I've been gone from Clara. Every day, I think about her. Wondering if she is staying safe in the cave with Ren. Or something terrible has happened to her. During the first days, I was gone it took everything in me not to run back to her. But I knew I had to do this, for myself, and for Clara. If we wanted to survive in the forest without my brother, James.

Every day, I tracked them. Following them without them knowing, and they lead me straight to their home base. I came up with a plan, building myself a camp to come back to. Knowing it needed to be high up, just in case they did patrol around the area I was staying in. Building a small tree house hidden from view and making sure it wasn't seen by the guards. Having it finished in a matter of a couple of days. Hunting and finding water supply nearby, hunting small bunnies. Surviving and realizing that I was turning into another creature of the forest. Wondering if I was changing, changing into something horrible.

Turning into a beast like my brother, James. Speak of the devil, I could hear the man clear as day. Looking out from the tree house to see him leading a patrol around the camp border. My anger grew just seeing his face, knowing I shouldn't attack now. I needed to wait for a different day. Sighing and going over to my bed. Staring up at the ceiling wondering what I should do. I knew I needed some way to get weapons without going inside the camp. I knew I needed to get a patrol officer by himself and steal his weapons. Knowing that I had to wait for the sun to set and in the meantime I needed rest. Deciding on taking a nap to pass the time.

***

It's been weeks and I still haven't been able to get my hands on weapons until today. I saw a hooded figure with one of the guard dogs. She was alone and I noticed the dog begin to walk away. Taking my chance to get weapons from him, when the dog pinned me down. Suddenly, I heard the figure speaking in a different language. The dog then got off me and I stood raising my hands. Telling the figure that I would hurt them when I was out cold.

***

Waking up to see that I was inside my tree house. Knowing that he knew that this was mine, probably tracked my footprints back to here. Getting up and I heard him, attacking the person. That's when I heard the voice I've been missing for so long. This person was Clara and I let go of her. Watching as she jumped out the of the tree house and I gasped. Climbing down after her, trying to comfort her. When I asked, what happened to her. "You..." I was the only thing she said, before passing out in my arms. Staring at her, realizing she was beautiful. I had missed her so much, she was the light in my life. I had now lost her to something greater, knowing she has changed over the months I've been gone. Seeing the area where the fire had burned but was now healed.

Hearing her moan, and cuddling deeper into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her tighter. Knowing if I didn't hold her now, that I may not get too later. Taking this moment and sinking it in. I then lifted her up and carried her up into the tree house. Settling her down on the makeshift bed that I've been sleeping on. Suddenly, I heard barking and I went to look outside to see Ren. "Shh... She's sleeping, go relax. I will watch over her." I told him and he barked. Laying down at the base of the tree, falling asleep.

I sat down beside the bed, thinking what I should do now. Wondering what my plan is going to be now to get weapons. I sigh, burying my face in my hands. "Adam..." I heard Clara moan, seeing her sit up. I looked up, giving her a small smile.

"What happened?" She asked.

Before I could answer that question, she gasped. Knowing the answer to the question. "What happened was... I left and I broke your heart. I'm sorry for what has happened between each other. Things have changed haven't they?" I asked her.