Hunting

I woke up with Adam's arms still wrapped around me. Looking at his relaxed face, taking a moment to admire his handsome face. It was tan, from the years he's been staying here. Noticing that he had some small scars on his cheeks, wondering how he had got them.

When his eyes, started to twitch, knowing that he was waking up. I decided to move away, and I stood up. Adam turned and faced the wall, leaning down and covering him with the thin blanket.

Walking downstairs, I began to start breakfast. I heard a small whine come from next to me. It was Ren, he stood on his hind legs looking at the food I was making. Laughing at him as he begged.

 I finally gave him a small piece of fruit, as I made a fruit salad. Looking through the old looking cabinet I found some bread. Wondering where he had found that around here. Continuing to make breakfast, when I heard the squeaking of the steps.

Knowing Adam was coming down. I found some chipped plates in the cabinet. Setting down to plates, and scooping some mixed fruit onto the plates. "Good morning..." I said as Adam came and sat down at the table.

He just groaned and started to eat. I sat down beside and ate, eating in silence. When we were done, I cleaned up. Finishing, I turned around to see that Adam was gone. Ren was standing beside the door, staring at it.

Walking to the door, and opening it. Ren ran right out into the forest, jumping down the stairs. Sighing I followed him, knowing I was going to need to go back and grab the bow from the cave. I whistled for Ren.

"Come here, boy!" I said.

He came crashing out of the forest, his pink tongue hanging out of his mouth. Laughing, he walked beside me as we followed the river. Hoping it would lead me to the cave that I had stayed at. As we walked I stared at all of the beautiful plants and trees. Seeing bugs fly past me and disappear the next minute.

Looking over at the river and see fish swimming along the current. Suddenly, I heard a splash and water spray all over me. Gasping from the cold water, to see Ren playing in the water. Chasing the fish. Laughing at him, realizing I couldn't believe he was a wild wolf.

He acted just like a puppy dog. The dogs I knew were in the pet shops. He played in the river as we kept on walking. Finally, we reached the cave. The carcasses of the dead panthers were there. I stopped, gagging on the horrible smell.

I plugged my nose and walked around the bodies. Ren went to them sniffing around, at one point he sneezed. His whole body shaking and making the flies that were flying around disappear.

    Looking around for my bow, and finding it was in the cave. Grabbing it, and making sure it was in good condition. It was fine, and I looked back over at the dead panthers. Seeing that some of my arrows were still stuck in them. I had to drag myself over to them.

Almost throwing up in the process of getting my arrows out them. Hearing the flies buzzing around my head. When I was done I ran off into the forest, upchucking into the bushes. I heard Ren whining behind me. Brushing the back of my hand against my mouth.

"I'm okay, boy..." I said.

I knew I had to get out of here before I lose more of my breakfast in those bushes. Grabbing the bow, and pulling it over my head. Strapping it on, and I then held the arrows in my hand.

Deciding that I had to go back before Adam became worried. "Ren, come on boy!" I said, he then followed me back down the river.

Making it slowly back, when I hear twigs snapping a couple of feet in front of me. Crouching down in the buses, Ren right beside. Pulling my bow out and setting it up. Aiming toward the sound, and seeing a beautiful doe walking out.

I knew we needed food, because looking at his cabinets. Knowing we are going to run out of food. Breathing slowly, I closed one eye. Aiming, and then letting the arrow fly across the air. Hearing a loud thud of it hitting the doe.

Whistling for Ren to finish the job, watching him snap the deer's neck in half. I knew it was now dead. Standing up, and walking to the deer. Ren was circling around the deer, making sure it was dead.

Now, I had to think of how to get it back to the tree house. Looking at my still torn up pants and shirt. I had my boots on, thankfully. Ripping some string off my sleeve. Tying string out each pair of hooves. That's when Ren jumped in front of me, "What?" I asked.

He whined and started to pick up the deer. "No, Ren. I can carry it." I told him.

Picking the medium-sized deer, and I was lifting it up onto my shoulders. Craning my neck forward, and walking back to the tree house. I was huffing and puffing the whole, knowing I needed to get in shape.

After, a couple of minutes. I made it to the tree house and still didn't see Adam was still not around. I sighed and huffed up the stairs with the deer on my back. Ren opened the door for me with a paw. Laying down the deer on the kitchen table, and taking a big breath.

I sat down on one of the chairs. Now I really didn't know what to do with deer. I didn't have a knife to skin it. Looking around throughout the house to find a knife. Walking up the stairs, and looking underneath the bed. I felt my hand touching something metallic and thin. Gently grabbing the hilt of the sword. It was that long of a dagger, and it was almost as long as my arm.

Staring at it, wondering where Adam would have gotten it from. Just shrugging my shoulders, and walking back downstairs. Realizing I should do this outside, sighing again with frustration.

Putting the dagger down on the counter, and sliding the deer back on my shoulders. I walked back down those horrible stairs and laid the deer on the ground. Going back up and grabbing the dagger, and filling a bucket of water.

 Again, walking back down. I then began to start on the deer. Almost gagging throughout the whole. I began to remember when I did this my first time with my father all those years ago. My mother was mad that he taught me how to hunt and skin.

She said it was un-lady like for a woman my age to know how to do it. Almost down with deer, and I was already covered in the deer's blood. Ren was sitting beside me sleeping, and he would sometimes lick my arms. Telling me he is still there. Finishing up the deer, and realizing I had to somehow cut the meat, also have to cook it.

It was now the middle of the day, and the sun was beating down on me. Sweat was rolling down my back and face. Knowing I should go find water somewhere, but I didn't if I should leave the deer out. I just continue on, cut the meat into sections. Laying piles of meat on top of rocks, drying them. I was now fully covered in blood when I was finally finished.

Exhausted from the work, heat, and not drinking water. Suddenly, I feel dizzy, I fall to my knees. I hear Ren bark, and run up to me licking my face. I sit on the ground, my head was now pounding. I hear Ren bark again somewhere farther away and then a howl. The pounding of someone coming closer to me, and I felt someone grab my shoulder.

"Clara, can you hear me?" I nodded my head. Looking up and then falling back. Having him catch me in his arms. Feeling myself being picked up, but I started to squirm.

Not wanting to be weak anymore. Feeling him set me down, "I'm okay..." I said, with some force. Standing there as he stared at me.

I then begin to walk away, when I hear a gunshot from nearby. Looking up to see birds fly away from where it was heard. Feeling arms lift me up and run away with me. I see everything going by a blur. I was then inside the tree house, having Adam sitting me down on the floor.

"What about the meat?" I say as I try to get up.

But Adam gives me a death glare, so I stay put. "I will get it." He growled as Ren came through the door. Adam then shut the door behind him. I went over and found some water.

I drank it down and looked out the window. Seeing Adam grabbing all the meat. He then put it hidden inside a tree. I almost screamed about how mad I was now. When I saw the bushes start to move. Adam then jumped into the tree, hiding in the branches. I then saw the hunter come into view.

"What do we have here? I think we found us an empty clearing." The boss man said.

My mouth dropped open, and I looked out to Adam. He saw me looking at him. He put a finger to his mouth, telling me to be quiet. And I wanted to the complete opposite of that. Because he didn't tell me the truth about everything.