Casani

Discovering that I held the water element, and that's all I have. I'm sad, wondering if I could get anymore. Currently, we were at the coast of the ocean. Josie was having me practice, bringing the ocean water to me. Focusing so hard, on moving the water toward myself. But for some reason, it wasn't working. Anger coursed through me, and I sighed. Kicking the sand around me, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Clara... You need to calm down. Your emotions need to be calm or you are going to cause damage to the ocean life." That's when I realized, I was causing the waves of the ocean to grow bigger. I slowed my breathing down, and tried to relax. Watching as the ocean calmed down.

"Clara... This doesn't gift you have doesn't come in a day. You have to work at it, train yourself to control it. You must believe that you can use it for good, and not evil. Let your mind go free..." Josie explained.

Staring out into the ocean, and I closed my eyes. Clearing my mind of all of my questions, worries, and thoughts. Focusing on the sounds of the waves crashing to the shore. Imagining that the water was coming to me, swirling in my hand. I moved my hands, into a sphere like waving. I slowly open my eyes, and gasp. Smiling, and seeing that water was indeed in my hand. Forming into a sphere, and I looked over at Josie who was smiling at me.

"Very good. You just need to free your mind of your stress. Remember that for later." Josie explained to me. I nodded my head, understanding.

I began to move around in the sand, dancing with the water. Forming around my body like extensions of myself. Having it bend at my will.

After, a couple of days. I mastered the element of water. I could bend it out of the ground and plants around me. Today, I went to the waterfall with Ren. Taking a well needed shower, and I strip down. Diving into the water, and by the way. I decided to go to the water without the crocodile Adam fought. Thinking of Adam made me wonder how he was doing right. I floated on top of the water, staring up at the cloudy sky.

Swimming for another hour, and I soon got dressed in a dress that Josie gave me with a new pair of boots. I didn't ask where she got the clothes, I just took them. Walking back to the cave, and pulling the key I wore around my neck as a necklace. Turning it in the lock, and hearing it unlock. "I'm back!" I yell through the cave. Ren pushed past me, and headed toward the kitchen. I followed him finding a note from Josie, saying she had gone out to pick some berries for lunch. She would be back in an hour or so. I decided to go outside again, walking back outside. Locking it back up, whistling for Ren who came running to me.

Walking back to the treehouse, and making sure that James' men weren't looking around anymore. I whistled for Ren to go first, scouting ahead for danger. I kept my guard up as I slowly walked up the stairs. Opening the door, and sighing. Remembering how I meet Adam. Walking to the kitchen, and feeling along the counter. Continuing upstairs to Adam's room, and walking around. Looking through his things, and I find a backpack. It was empty, and I began to fill it up with things. Folding up a blanket, and stuffing it into the bottom of it. Looking under the bed, and finding books. A wooden box was also hidden underneath. Sliding it out from underneath the bed, and opening up the box.

Finding small things, realizing this must have been things from Adam's past. Finding a couple of pictures, and a small dagger with the an A carved in it. Storing that carefully into the bag with the pictures. Also, inside the box was a watch. I remember my father use to have one. I shake my head, trying not to think about my family. Closing the box, and sliding it back underneath the bed. Sitting on the bed, and looking around the small room. Something that would give me a clue as to where Adam was going. That's when I stood up, looking around and I couldn't hear any noises outside. Ren barked, and ran down the stairs. Grabbing the book bag and sliding it onto my shoulders.

Running down after him, and that's when I saw James's men outside. Gasping, I slide to my knees, hiding from the windows. Laying on my back, and I could hear them talking to each other. I pecked from where I was hiding, and looked to see James was not with them. This was probably just a patrol, making sure that I hadn't come back to the tree house. Realizing, James is probably looking for me again to use me for bait.

Turning over onto my stomach, and army crawling away from the window. When suddenly, I hear gunshots coming from outside. I looked around, and saw Ren was hiding behind the kitchen island. Wondering what could be going outside. I leaned up, and saw that James's men were all on the ground. Passed out or dead, and I stood up. Whistling for Ren to follow me, as I ran for my life down the steps. Running even faster when I heard another round of gunshots coming from behind me. Ren ran along side me, making sure I was alright. I began to make my way back to the cave, and I finally went down to a walk. Trying to catch my breathe, and I leaned up against a tree.

Suddenly, I heard the crunch of leaves. I stop breathing, and lean up against the tree. Sliding down, and digging my hands in the earth. Summoning up the water in the ground. Having it slide over my hands, and becoming a weapon. Turning the water into ice, and I take a deep breathe. Hearing the footsteps, slowly coming toward where I was hiding. Closing my eyes, and waiting for something to happen. I slowly opened my eyes, hearing nothing. That's when I saw a gun pointing at me in my face.

"Get up!" The man yelled. He had blonde hair, green eyes, and he had a small build and he looked around my age. I slowly stood up, melting the ice around my hands. Raising my hands, showing him that I wasn't going to do anything.

"What are you going to do with me?" I ask.

Trying to distract him from noticing Ren hiding in the bushes nearby. "Be quiet!" He yelled, but that's when I whistled and Ren pounced on him. The man yelled in pain, and I quickly grabbed the gun from his hands. Whistling for Ren to stop the attack. Ren stopped, and run back to my side, bearing his teeth at the man. He was kneeling, clutching his shoulder from where Ren a bite him. "

Please, I didn't mean to... I'm too young to die." He cried out.

I lowered the gun, and realized I wasn't cold hearted like them. I kneeled down in front of him, "I'm not going to hurt you." I whispered to him. Summoning water from the ground, and slowly I let it go up my hands and onto his shoulder. Watching as it healed up, and he could slowly move his shoulder.

"Thank you." He whispered.

I nodded my head, giving him his gun back. He looked at me confused, "Who are you?" He asked.

"I am Casani..." I said, running away with Ren following me. I made it back to the cave, and I unlocked it with the key. Closing it behind me, and I leaned up against the door.

I guess I'm Casani now, and that's means the old me has to be gone so I can become this new person. I slowly walk into the kitchen where Josie was making dinner.

"Josie." I say, and she turns around worried.

"What's wrong, Clara?"

I smile, "It's not Clara anymore, it's Casani. I've realized I have to change, with these new powers. I have to do good with them. And I now know my purpose, and that is to save the animals and plants of this land. Josie, I now need you to show me how to unlock the other elements inside me."