The End

(Adam's POV)

I sneak through the camp after leaving Clara. Waiting for her distraction and it comes. I run toward the gas tanks that they were using to fuel up the ships. Using the box of matches I had in my pocket, lighting the first one and running a safe distance. Watching it catch fire and so did the others, going in a line to the next one. Covering my head, when I hear gunshots coming from the clearing. Yelling of men and the explosions going with the gunshots. I suddenly saw Clara running into the woods, knowing it was her, about to be killed.

I try to find my own weapon fight against James. Finding a long broadsword, my specialty. Strapping it to my back and running to the clearing. Another explosion came, throwing me a little against the ground. I quickly get back up, continuing to run to save Clara. Seeing that they had her and my anger grew. No one hurts the love of my life! Growling as I tackle my brother, fighting him for power. Both of us parting and circling each other.

Bringing out my sword, as he got one from his soldier at his side. "Brother, it's nice to see you and that bitch! Didn't think I would get the pleasure of killing you both today."

"Not before I kill you and send your men off with their tails between their legs," I say, attacking him with the sword.

Hearing the metal clanging sound ring in my ears. When suddenly, the air around us began to pick up. The air becoming stuffy and the earth shaking. Quickly I look behind me to see Clara and she was floating in the air. The elements float around her. Knowing that may not be a good sign at the moment.

Seeing that it distracted James and I made the death move. Slicing open his neck and hearing him drop his sword. Hands going to his neck and blood covering the ground. I sigh and close my eyes. "Goodbye... Brother...." I open my eyes, ready to face Clara. I look up at her form in the sky. Her once beautiful green eyes were now black and soulless.

Ren was beside me, "Clara!"

 I see her head move to where I was, but she continued to destroy the camp around us with her powers. Jumping as a grenade came my way and I smack into a tree. I get back up, getting closer to her and I gently grab her ankle. Hearing her growl and the elements pick up. I'm soon, being picked up in the air. Floating right in front of her, tears ran down her face. Her green eyes were now staring into mine.

"I can't control it anymore. Hearing so many voices inside my head and I don't know where they are coming from. It's too... much..." She cries out. Curling up into a ball and I quickly grab her. Pulling her into my arms, having us land on the ground safely. Sitting her on the ground, and I try to get her to open her eyes. But she just whimpers and that's when I saw Ren. Walk beside us, shifting into an older lady. 

"Who are you?" I ask.

"A friend do not be alarmed." She gently laid a hand on Clara's forehead.

Clara quickly calmed down, curling from her ball and the pain disappearing from her face. Seeing her face at peace finally. The old lady stood and looked at me with wisdom. "I have been watching you for awhile now, Adam. You have hurt her heart and you must rebuild that love for you both to survive. Watching what you both did this very night. I am forever grateful, the animals of this forest are finally safe without your brother. I'm sorry you had to be the one to do the evil undoing. I am going to leave now and Ren will return to his original state. And I will be gone forever. Clara will not remember this and you will not tell her of us speaking. Keep her safe for me..." The old lady said, placing a kiss on her forehead.

I looked closer at them and the realization kicked in. "You're her mother, aren't you?" I ask, softly.

She smiled, "I am, a ghost of the dead living among the sea. Death has put me in a different age than before I died on that damned ship. I knew we shouldn't have been traveling that time. But stubborn of a husband of mine... Adam, I want you to take care of her for me. Protect her with your life... And I want grandkids... But that isn't the point, you can't tell her we spoke. I have to go now..." I watched as she disappeared into the wind just as Clara was beginning to wake.

I gently helped her sit up so she could see that she was safe. "What happened?" She asked.

"You just passed out and they are all gone. We saved the animals." I said, hugging her to my body.

"We survived..." Hearing her whisper, hugging me tighter to her. I gently stood, reaching down to help her with me. Both of us standing on the destroyed battlefield, smoke blowing in the air. The smell of blood and dead bodies began to fill the air. Watching as animals began to come out of the woods, staring at us.

(Clara's POV)

Seeing Ren step out along with them, nodding his head. Howling to the sky. I suddenly knew I was losing my first friend. I gently leaned down and petting Ren on the head. "I'll never forget you..." I whispered. Tears falling down my face. He licked my face and turned leaving with the other animals. As Adam took my hand in mine, "Let's go home, they will take care of things here." I nodded, agreeing with him.

Walking away and trying to push away the memories that have been created on this island. "I saved a boat and if you wish we can go back to the world. Live a life somewhere other than this island." Adam suggested. I looked at him with shock, "Really?" I asked.

"Yes, if you want to do. I'll follow you to the ends of the earth by your side." Adam said, leaning over and pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"Then let's face this world together..." I said. As Adam dipped me into a passionate kiss. Knowing we were going to be together forever....