The Battle Begins

(Clara's POV)

I wake up in the middle of the night to an owl flying by. The flapping of its wings and its screeching as it killed its prey that it was hunting. Sitting up and rubbing my eyes. Realizing I never talked to Adam about the plan for what were are doing next. I find a piece of paper and rope, writing down a quick note. Tieing it around Ren's neck and sending him back to Adam. I sit on the bed, waiting for Ren to come back. Deciding I needed to find something to eat and I go through Adam's things. Finding some crackers and meat sticks. And I eat them quickly and drink the water in the canister. Wiping my mouth off and laying back down. Waiting for morning to come so I can follow James to the boat.

***

Waking up to the sun shining brightly in my eyes, making me flip over and yawn. Trying to hide from the morning, but failing horribly. Moaning as I stretched my arms and stood up, bending over. Knowing that I needed to get going soon if I wanted to get there on time. Climbing down the tree and getting Ren down also. Walking away, but before I do, I use my powers to cover the tree house more with the tree branches around it. I fixed the straps of my bag and began to walk back to their base. Quickly I travel back to the base, seeing more patrols covering the grounds. Sneaking past them and hiding out in bushes. Ren was beside me, keeping quiet and low. Trying to help me by sniffing out the patrols helping me get past them.

All of the trucks were loaded full of weapons and men prepared for battle. Sitting down in the bushes, looking for Adam's brown hair and blue eyes. I didn't see him, but I did see his brother, James. Sitting in one of the first patrol cars, staring at all the men. Making sure everything was going the way it should. My powers started to buzz inside me, wanting to explode and attack. To destroy that man for everything he did to Adam, Ren, and I. What we have gone through these past months, a year. My hands began to warm up and saw sparks flying off my fingertips. I took a deep breath, trying to relax my breathing and to not start a forest fire.

That's when Ren whined, pawing at the ground. Making me look up and see Adam, dressed like one of the poachers. For some odd reason, he actually looked like a belonged with them. With his brother and a tear slipped down my cheek. I knew we had to do this or I may lose him to his brother for good. The patrol car's engines all began to start up and I tensed. Hearing one of them backfire, like a gunshot. Ren growled, his eyes glowing darker than before. The cars began to move and I slowly jogged after them, making sure I was a good couple of feet behind them. All of them I could feel were nervous.

I used my earth powers to connect to the tree roots around me, using them as sort of a tracking system. So, I would know where they were going and if I would have any trouble. I finally, climbed up into the trees and jumping from branch to branch while Ren ran underneath me. Blending in with the bushes and I made sure that nature covered our tracks. In case more poachers were behind us. Suddenly, out of nowhere an explosion went off. A car was now flying through the air and I was thrown off my tree. Falling on my side, taking the air out of me. Ren running to me and brushing his face against mine. I coughed, sitting up and staring at the burning car.

Realizing that Adam was in one of the cars and I prayed then and there that it wasn't his car I was staring at. I prayed but pushed my way to keep going. The roots telling me that they hadn't stopped. Jogging again on the dirt trails. Ren, in front of me this time and suddenly, the tree roots screamed out at me to stop. And so I did, skirting to a stop. Kneeling on the ground, hiding behind some bushes. I quickly use my water power, cupping my hands and drinking some water from the plant in front of me. It tasting so refreshing against my dry cracked lips. Sighing and recollecting my thoughts about what was going to happen here.

I saw that they had stopped right off the coast, a building was already built. A huge ship off the coast with men on it, preparing for departure. Tons of animals were being carried on board. I growled, my anger getting the best of me again. The flame sparking inside and my fingers shooting out fire. My whole body heating up when I felt arms wrap around me, covering my mouth. I struggled against the person when I heard his voice. "It's me... Calm down. I have a plan, but you need to listen." I froze in his arms, turning so I could look into his blue eyes. I then smashed my lips against his, surprising him as we fall back against the ground.

"I thought the worst when I saw that truck." I whimper into his arms, having him rub my back. "I know... Shh... It's alright. Are you still okay to go with this plan?" Adam asks. I unbury my head and look into his bright blue eyes. "Yes, we have to do this. We can't keep running from him and him taking all these animals from the forest. Remember we have to do this to save the forest and our lives." I say. Taking a step away from him and composing myself for a moment. "Alright, remember you have to get to the gas tank off of the ship." He nods.

Adam gives me a quick kiss on the forehead before leaving me with Ren. Who had been sitting by my side. Watching as he left me and I was now prepared to do my job. Pulling the cloak's hood over my face and I whistled for Ren. Both of us running into the camp, taking down man after man. I use my gifts, earth, and the wind to knock them down. Fire to trap them and at one point I saw Adam running to the gas tanks of the ships. Our plan was to leave one ship open for them to leave on and nothing to keep them from staying.

I burn their supplies when I hear a howl come from Ren. Seeing him on the ground, badly wounded. I run to him, but I'm tackled before I could go help him. "Finally, I'm going to unmask this so-called Casani!" I hear James yell. Grabbing my hood and yanking my hair. I scream in pain, throwing earth at him. Finally, I get free and he is standing up.

"You... The lover of my bastard brother. I'm guessing you are alone. Wanting to save him from me and my plans." He laughed.

My anger grew, having the earth shake and the winds pick up around me. Seeing him show a little fear as I did so. But he quickly runs to me, about to tackle me. I push him back with a force of the wind. Taking a water whip out, slashing the ground around him. Bruising his body and hearing him groan out in pain. When I hear gunshots behind me, seeing Adam fighting off another soldier. And that he was almost done with killing all the ships.

Ignoring James for the minute as I heal Ren. Whistling for him to help Adam, and I watch his black form run to Adam. Suddenly, a pain grows through my side. Then the cock of a gun from James was holding in his hands. Blood running down from a cut on his forehead. "I've got you now!" He recocks the gun and his aim for me. Quickly I pull up a water shield.

Hearing the gun go off again, watching as the bullet traveled straight for me. It stopped right in front of my face. I breathed a sigh of relief, throwing the water at him. Seeing the bullet traveling back at him and he rolls to the ground. I curse, running toward the woods. Hiding in the trees as I hear more bullets flying around me. I gasp feeling one cut my leg.

Looking as I aim a bullet of my own, a fire bullet to be exact. Hearing James curse knowing I had hit him and I go for another. Hearing him scream, seeing that it had hit his eye and that he was kneeling. Getting a little closer when an explosion from the dock throws me to the ground. Seeing more soldiers running to the docks, toward the last ship. I also see Ren making his way to my side. Nudging my arm as I get up with Ren's help. But I'm quickly picked up by my neck and thrown across the clearing into the arms of soldiers. "Get up! Casani, I thought you were brave and could defeat anyone with your powers." A soldier snickered in my ear. I growl and see Ren hiding in the bushes. Waiting for a moment to attack and I shake my head.

That's when I'm bringing brought face to face with James ugly face. Suddenly, I see Adam in my vision tackling his brother. Both of them rolling on the ground. Fighting for power and strength. I whistle and see Ren jump on the guy on my left. As I punch the dude to my right and then punching him in the stomach. More soldiers began to come to the clearing either escaping or helping James's as he cries out for help. I knew the battle was just beginning...