Finding Him

I've finally mastered the elements, containing all of them inside of me. Today, Josie died peacefully and she knew I was in safe hands. I sighed as I finished her grave. Placing a rock with her name over her grave. I sigh and walk away with Ren by my side. Before she died, she told me where to find Adam. I have grown these last couple of months. Stronger and smarter then I've ever been. I look down at the piece of paper, which was a map to Adam's location. I walk back to the cave and pack up my bag. I knew I would leave tomorrow morning, early. I make myself some breakfast and sit at the table. Staring at the map, realizing that it has almost been a whole year since Adam had left me. I sighed, wondering if he would remember me...

***

The next day, I ate a quick breakfast and pulled on my backpack. Drinking a quick glass of water and giving some to Ren. Knowing we wouldn't be back for a while and I lock the door up to the cave. I bury the key to it right next to the door. Using my earth element, having it truly disappear. Only another witch could bring the key up from the earth. Walking up the stairs and covering the entrance with a boulder. I look down at Ren, who had his tongue sticking out. Laughing as I pet his head, "Come on, boy. This trip is going to be a long one." Walking into the forest, wondering if I was going to die or even complete my mission of finding Adam.

Making my way deeper into the forest and taking the map out. Seeing that I was a golden figure on the map and Adam was a blue figure. For now, he was staying in the same spot. I was glad for that and I knew that he was a couple of days hike away from me. Stuffing the map in my bag and continued down the path. Ren was ahead of me, sniffing out the path ahead. I stared at the forest around, never realizing how much life is actually connected to about everything. The plants, animals, even the roots of the trees. Having bugs fly by and animals run across the path. Seeing a couple of chipmunks and some snakes. Every time a snake came in my path, I would jump. Ren would chase them off and I would kindly thank him.

Soon, it was afternoon. And I was getting hungry and knew Ren must be too. I looked back at the map and saw that Adam was now two days away. I set up camp up in a tree. While I opened up the tree roots and had Ren make a little den. I climb up the tree and had the tree make me a little bed, using its branches. I smiled and sat down on the branches. Opening the bag, grabbing a sandwich that I made earlier.

"You can go hunt now," I yelled down to Ren, who barked and ran off. I got the map back out and saw the blue figure for Ren. I smiled, seeing that he hadn't gone far. I also that Adam had for a reason gotten closer. Wondering what now, what he was doing.

***

I wake up to the sound of growling and rustling of leaves. I look down quickly to see Ren was pinning someone down. I spoke in the wolf language, telling him to back off. I jumped down the tree, conjuring up a water sword. Making it freeze as I stared at the figure. Ren stood in front of me, protecting from any sort of attack. The figure wore long black pants, black shirt, and a black cloak. He stood there, with his hands up, surrendering. I could tell he was nervous, he kept playing with his fingertips.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, keeping my guard up.

"I was just walking and your beast just attacked me." He growled at me and then stared down at Ren. I whistled, telling Ren to back up.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in return. I glared at him, swinging my ice sword in my hand.

"That is none of your business," I growled through my teeth. "Well, if you could. Please, calm down. I don't want to hurt you." He said, showing me his hands.

I slowly melted my ice sword, but not before I knocked him out with an air spell. Seeing his body slump to the ground and Ren went to him sniffing him. Suddenly, he began to whine.

"What's wrong, boy?" I ask, lifting the hood off of the man's face.

Gasping to see it was Adam. A tear slipped down my cheek, wondering if he even knew it was me he was talking to.

"Come on, we need to find a cave or something to hide in. Ren, could you track Adam's scent back to his camp?" I asked.

Ren barked and began to sniff the ground. Barking again, telling me he had found Adam's trail. "Good boy," I said, lifting Adam onto my shoulder. Wondering if he had been lifting recently, because, damn! He was heavy as I gasped for breath, carrying him back to his camp.

Reaching Adam's camp, when suddenly, Ren stopped and looked up. Making me look up, having the hood of my cloak fall back. Seeing that Adam had built a smaller treehouse to stay in. I huffed and threw Adam down to the ground. Walking over to the tree and placing my hands on its truck. Using my earth element to have the branches pick up Adam and place him inside the tree house. Watching as they did just that and I sigh of relief comes out, exhausted from that walk. I looked over at Ren, who came up and licked my hand. "Why don't you go hunt for us?" I asked, sensing that there was a pack of deer close by. Ren barked and ran away. I looked up at the tree house, climbing up the tree with some help from the branches.

Climbing inside to see Adam wasn't there and I turned around when I feel arms wrap around my neck. Choking me and I begin to struggle. "You thought you could kill me..." Adam huffed in my ear.

"Adam..." I wheezed out, trying to get out of the hold.

"Adam... It's me, Clara..." I said, with the last breath of air I had.

As soon as he hears my name, he let's go. I fall to my knees, trying to breathe. Holding my neck, wanting my head to stop pounding. When suddenly, I was pushed into someone's chest.

Being hugged by a warm body, "Oh, Clara... I'm so sorry... I didn't notice you and gosh... I've missed you..." Adam said, staring down at me.

Looking into his bright blue eyes and his brown hair had gotten longer. Hitting his neck and I ran my hand through it.

"I've missed you too..." I said, a tear running down my cheek. Having Adam rub it away with his thumb, laying his hand on my cheek.

Suddenly, his lips were crashing onto mine. Falling back and hitting the wall, wrapping my legs around his waist. As his hands held onto my thighs, while my hands ran up his shirt. Realizing both of our love was finally being released, but that's when I realized. He left... Feeling the anger grow and the pushed him away. Standing on my own, seeing Adam a couple of feet away.

Looking at me confused, "No..." I whispered, feeling the fire inside bursting to come out. My hands beginning to feel warm and I began to take deep breaths. Trying to control it, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled, walking away and jumping out of the tree house. Landing on the ground, kneeling. Looking up and letting the rage out. Fire erupting from my body, having it everywhere. Burning the grass around me and after I calmed down. I healed the ground with the water element. Having it grow back in a matter of minutes.

"Clara..." I felt a hand on my shoulder again.

"What happened to you..." He whispered.

I looked up at him, "You..." I said, falling into his arms.

Staring up into his handsome face. "Clara... I never meant to hurt you..." He whispered in my ear before I passed out in his arms.