Chapter 4

Hi! I've been writing this on my iPad but just now have I discovered the perks of writing it on a real computer (like italics and bold). Well, I'm talking a little bit in the beginning because I've been writing this story in third person point of view and I HATE it. Not the story, the POV. I feel distant from my characters and you can't get the same thought and feeling through third person. So, from now on, I'll be writing in first person (My forte! Yay!) and I'll eventually go back and fix the first few chapters.

So, I don't know who is reading this (beside my sister O.o) but tell me what you think about this switch! Okay, thanks :) Anyways, here's chapter 4...

***

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I shivered, the skin of my left arm feeling weird. I was warm enough, but something was pulsing beneath the skin, something cold.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

A strong and steady beeping noise pushed through my hazy thoughts, and I found myself humming under my breath. I had once done a contemporary piece that took place in a hospital, and the strong beat of this noise reminded me of that dance.

Wait a second, a hospital!?

My eyes fluttered open and I blinked the brightness out of my vision. A blue curtain was on my right, a bright window on my left.

"Ells? She's waking up! Nurse, my daughter's waking up!"

My mother came into view and I gasped. She was covered in cuts and scrapes, especially the right side of her face. What had happened to her? All of a sudden, I was hit with a stinging sensation and let out a little squeal. I looked over at my right arm. It was wrapped up and I could see a little blood soaking through. That was when it really hit me that I was laying in a hospital. The strange thing was, I couldn't feel pain in the arm that was all wrapped up. It was the rest of me that hurt.

"Ella Ford?" asked a strong voice.

I looked over, cocking my head at the pudgy blonde woman approaching me. She looked like one of those nice, caring nurses you saw in movies and TV shows.

"Excuse me sweetie, but could you answer some questions for me?" she asked.

I nodded, clearing my throat.

"What is your full name?"

"Ella Rose Ford," I replied, my voice coming out scratchy.

"What is your birthday?"

"June 25th, 1997."

"Name everyone in your immediate family."

"My mom, Nicole. My dad, Jeff. My grandmother, Mimi. My grandfather, Papa. I don't have any siblings."

"Do you know your grandparents' actual names?"

"Yes. Sue and Glenn."

The nurse nodded. "Is there anything you are confused about?"

"I'm confused about why I'm here," I replied bluntly.

She sighed. "Ella, you got in a car accident."

I blinked. What? I couldn't remember...I mean, I knew I was at school the day before and I was going on vacation, but I couldn't think of anything after Friday.

"Ells!" my mother cried. I saw her face hovering above me, still scratched up.

"Momma, I don't remember a car accident," I whined.

"I know, Sweetie, but you'll be fine, and that's all that counts."

My father's face popped up behind my mother's. He patted my hand and said, "Everything's going to be okay."