Part eight

Jack P.O.V.

What was that weird feeling in my stomach?

And why did I only get it when I was around Dean? 

These questions puzzled me as Dean and I walked back to my house on Friday after school. My excuse to invite him over was so he knew where it was so he could meet me tomorrow for our trip to the forest. I was excited for tomorrow because I got a whole day with Dean, as opposed to one hour in school and a few hours on weekdays. I didn't dare hold his hand again though while we were out in the open with hundreds on eyes on us, so I put my hands in my pockets and promised myself I would do it when we were in the privacy of my room. 

"Dean, it's just here," I said as I immediately turned left to go walk down our pathway, leaving Dean pause for a moment and look around confused for a moment as he tried to find where I disappeared to. He followed me down to my front door, pulling his sleeves over his hands and chewing on his lip, looking a bit nervous. I unlocked the door and we went inside and I watched as Dean's eyes widened in amazement. 

"Jack your house is huge." 

"It's too big, I don't like it," truth was I was tired of the empty, shallow corridors. I knew my house inside out since I had lived here my whole life. When I was younger I couldn't think of anywhere better live because I was a lot shorter, everything looked much bigger so everything was an adventure to my younger self. I would always manage to find a door that I had never opened before and that would leave me with a whole new room to explore. I still remember getting lost sometimes and having to shout for my parents to find and rescue me. Years on, all the doors had been opened a hundred of times and now I knew my way around with my eyes shut. 

"Is that you when you were younger?" Dean laughed as he pointed at a small framed photo of me from six years ago. 

"Shut up Dean." 

"You look adorable." 

"Come on," I sighed and dragged Dean by the hand who was still laughing through to the kitchen. "Do you want a drink or anything?" I left him standing by the door and opened the fridge staring at contents then taking out a bottle of Coke. "Want one?" 

"Yeah please," I threw one at him and got my own and wandered over to the cupboard that was always full of crisps and snacks. I grabbed a handful then walked past Dean and went upstairs and into my room that was a bit of a mess, but still presentable. I dumped the food on the middle of the sofa in front of my TV and plopped myself down on one side. I wondered why I hadn't been joined after a couple of moments and found Dean standing by my door, stratching the back of his neck and looking awkward. 

"Dean, how do you expect to play a Mario tournament if you're standing over there?" He instantly smiled and his eyes lit up and he sat down on the other side of the sofa.

"Bring it, Howard." 

                                                 * * * 

"Jack, I swear to god, if you throw another shell at me one more time...

"Just because you're los- how did you get in front of me?!" 

"The power of mushrooms. There's a wall there Jack." 

"Thanks Dean, I noticed." 

"You're terrible at Mario Kart compared to me!"

"HAHAHA, ENJOY THAT SHELL!" 

"I HATE YOU JACK." 

"I am the god of revenge!"