Part twenty-nine

Jack P.O.V.

"JACK?!"

I tore away from Dean, knowing he jumped as much as I did and stared wide eyed at the intruders who were mimicking the same expression.

This is it. It's all over. 

Now all standing in my room were Felix, Sebastian and Matt and you could've heard a pin drop when all their eyes darted from me to Dean, to me, to Dean, to me again and then to each other. The confusion was obvious but the disgust in Felix's eyes was more powerful. 

It could be worse. It could be so much worse. 

I tried to comfort myself in the situation by trying to imagine how my parents might've reacted, but it was a bad idea and my stomach turned at the thought. A swift glance at Dean told me he was chewing on his lip but the rest of him was frozen into place. 

"Jack?" Matt asked calmly and he nodded in the direction of the speakers that were still blaring and playing the next song. I fumbled with the controller so I could pause it but my shaky hands wouldn't allow me to press the right button and why was this damn thing so small? When the music stopped I swallowed down the lump in throat and looked up, trying to think of what to say.

What was there to say? They had seen it all; there was nothing I could hide. I wasn't ashamed of being found out, I was scared. Scared of what would happen. Scared of how they would react. Scared of other people's reactions if they ever found out. Scared of everything. Mine and Dean's relationship was just a secret to keep us both safe, but now I wasn't sure if I could keep him from being hurt after this. 

"H-How did you...?" It was the only thing I could muster up in the state I was in and I knew Dean would be too worried to say anything. 

"Your parents let us in... Told us to just come straight up since you couldn't hear," Felix answered, his tone of voice and his stare scaring me. "I guess you were too busy doing all sorts with the faggot over there," he sneered, taking a moment to glare at Dean. 

I looked over to the door, wondering if it was worth the risk of closing it so we had a less chance of my parents overhearing. I judged it to be not safe but I don't think my legs were capable to move anyway, they were just standing me up as it was. 

"You're a freak of nature too? I thought you hated him!" 

"I don't- I never-" 

"It doesn't matter. I'm getting out of here, in case the gay disease spreads to me too," Felix taunted, but before I could register what was happening he bounded over to Dean and grabbed him by the collar, pulling him close to him so Felix towered over him. "This is your fault! If you stayed away from him like I thought you were, Jack never would've turned into a disgusting queer!" Felix let him go and shoved him backwards. "Stay away from me! Both of you! And you, Jack, better be nowhere near me tomorrow at school." 

"We have better places to be. Felix, let's go man," Sebastian nudged Felix as he spoke, because we all knew how violent Felix could get if he wasn't taken out of a situation he was frustrated in. 

"Yeah, we better get going." 

"You can't tell anyone!" I blurted out before I could stop myself, feeling my cheeks turn hot. 

"I assure you I can, no one's keeping this secret," Felix smirked. And then without another word he left the room, Sebastian and Matt following him like shadows. Hearing the door close and their laughter fading away as they walked down the street was like the remedy to free me from whatever curse turned me into ice and let my brain work again.