Part twenty-five

Dean P.O.V.

Hearing some quiet singing and feeling light tugs pulling at my hair, I slowly came out of my slumber, my senses becoming alert with what was happening around me. I kept my eyes closed so I didn't disturb the moment, my sense of touch waking up and reminding me that at some point in the night I had removed Jack's hand from my waist and entangled our fingers together instead, getting a murmur of appreciation from him in response. My other hand was still under his neck and our legs were tied in together, making sure neither of us were going anywhere.

As I became more awake, I could feel the warmth that was radiating from a now topless Jack and his breath brushing over my face as he sung, my ears catching the last lyrics of his song:

"I'm in love with you, and all your little things," I smiled and I could imagine him doing the same as he twirled the same strand of my hair around his finger. I lightly squeezed his hand to let him know I wasn't sleeping anymore. 

"One Direction?" I opened my eyes and blinked a few times to clear my vision until I could see every detail of Jack's flushed cheeks in front of me. 

"It... I... It gets played on the radio a lot." 

"Of course it does," I smirked, running my hand through his messy hair that was still a little stiff from the gel he had put in the day before. "What time is it?" 

"Almost half one." 

"What?! Are you joking?!"

"No, why?" 

"You shouldn't have let me sleep that long Jack!" I moaned, burying my head in his chest. 

"I only woke up ten minutes ago! And anyway, you needed your sleep, you were nearly collapsing yesterday," he moved his hand from mine and wrapped it around my middle. 

"But still," I couldn't complain because I felt much better, but I felt guilty for sleeping in for so long. "Has there been any news?" 

"I don't know, I think your phone went off once but I'm sure they would've called if it was urgent." 

"I'll check it when we get up," it came out as series of mumbles and Jack laughed, and my god, I loved the sound of it. I came out of hiding so I could reach up and kiss him, feeling fireworks explode in me when I felt him return it without any hesitation. 

"Let's just stay here a while, there's no rush today," he said when we pulled away. I mumbled something unintelligent as 'mmm' as reply, feeling my eyes droop and close, another wave of tiredness crashing over me. 

"Don't let me go back to sleep, Jack." 

"Why don't you just sleep for another half an hour? It's not going to hurt anyone." 

"No..." I unlocked myself from him and sat up, stretching my arms out at strange angles. 

"Do you want to go and get breakfast now then?" 

"I'm too tired to move." 

"You want me to carry you again, don't you?"

"Obviously," he rolled his eyes and got out of bed and I jumped onto his back again, securing my arms around his neck. He carried me down the stairs and I got off when we reached the kitchen that was too clean and tidy for my liking. 

"Pancakes again?" He asked, taking my hand in his. 

"Sure, get them started and I'll just check my phone," I reached up and kissed him on the cheek and scampered upstairs, getting my phone out of my jeans pocket that I had dumped on the floor and saw a text from Dan.