XI.

Kristian

So it has been a month since Kylar was born. A lot has happened in that time.

Ashton gave me a promise ring, so I promised to love him forever.

I also found out that Ashton wasn't a middle class citizen. His family was so rich that it made Oprah look broke.

I made an exception since he didn't act like a stuck up brat and because I loved him so much.

He bought a house in the state over. It was about a thirty minute drive from his hometown to there.

It was basically a mansion, but I didn't care as long I was with Ashton and our baby.

Today, I was meeting his parents. His rich parents whom I haven't seen or heard about in these months of our relationship.

It was just going to be his parents, his siblings, and us.

I was beyond nervous and we had to leave in less than an hour. I was so nervous that I was shaking.

What do I do? What do I do!?

Aha, I know!

I immediately ran to our bedroom and slid my sleeve up. I quickly did my dose of heroin and I slid my sleeve back down.

Standing up, I grabbed my phone and my wallet. I think I stood up too fast, because I fell right back down.

I felt nauseous and sick. Everything was spinning and my head was pounding. My body felt heavy and I couldn't move.

Darkness was coming and I felt myself slipping under.

Shit, what did I do?

{*•*}{*•*}{*•*}{*•*}

Ashton

God, what was taking Kristian so long? We had to meet my parents in ten minutes.

Ashlyn was gushing over Kylar and feeding him. Gah, what was up with women and being all in baby's faces.

Getting impatient, I ran upstairs and searched for Kristian. Finally throwing our bedroom door open, I saw him on the bed.

"Kris, what are you doing?"

"..."

"Kris! Kristian!" I waked to Kris and gasped when I saw his face.

His eyes were dull looking and the color was gone. His mouth was blue and his face was pale. Putting my fingers to his cold skin, I realized that he barely had a pulse.

"Ashlyn! Ashlyn call 9-1-1! Hurry!"

I felt tears slip from my eyes as I held his almost lifeless body to my chest.

What the heck happened? He was okay a few minutes ago. He was breathing and..and happy.

I heard the sirens and I carried Kris down the stairs.

Ashlyn was on the phone, most likely talking to our parents and the paramedics knocked on the door. I opened it slowly since Kris was still in my arms.

I handed Kris over and watched them take him away.

A police officer walked up to me and he looked at me wearily.

What? The love of my life is barely breathing and I don't know what's wrong with him.

"Are you Ashlyn Collins?"

Obviously not you dipshit.

"No. I'm her brother, Asher."

"I apologize. Do you mind filling me in on what happened to Mr. Iglesias?"

"Uh, he went upstairs to get something, I don't know what it was, and he never came back down. I went upstairs to get him, since we had to go somewhere, but I saw him on the bed barely breathing," I said while crying.

"And what are you to him?"

"His b-boyfriend. Is he going to be okay?"

"I'm not sure. He didn't have much of a pulse but then again, I'm a police officer, not a medical...person."

With that, he walked away. What kind of police officer? Never mind.

"Ashlyn, please stay here with Kylar."

"What's wrong with Kristian? Is he going to be okay? What happened?"

Ashlyn was in hysterics. She's really grown on Kristian these past few months, and if he was straight, I'm pretty sure he would've dumped me for my sister.

"I-I don't know! I'm just as confused as you are! I'm terrified, God! He looked dead and-and," I couldn't finish my rant due to the salty tears falling from my eyes.

Ashlyn wrapped her arms around me as I shook.

I know Kris and I weren't together long, but he meant everything to me. I wanted to spend my life with him. I already had him living with me, I just needed him to never leave me. I needed Kristian to be mine forever.

"Just stay with the baby and I'll go to the h-hospital."

"No! Your hysterical and I'm not letting you drive. You may be smart but you also do dumb things. I'll drive you."

I didn't argue. I just put Kylar in the car and strapped myself in.

At the hospital, I immediately went to the desk and asked about Kris.

"He isn't looking to good," the young nurse said while eyeing me. "I can only give information to immediate family members."

"But he's my boyfriend! You have to tell me something." Ashlyn gently grabbed my arm and pulled me into a chair.

After a few hours a doctor walked out. I immediately stood up and walked towards him.

"Are you here for," he paused to look at his clipboard. "Kristian Iglesias?"

"Yeah. Is he okay? What happened?"

"He is going to be okay, but he has to rest for a few days. We are going to let him go home. He almost OD'd."

Huh?

"I'm sorry. What does that mean?"

"Overdose. He almost overdosed. He was on drugs." I stared at the doctor.

And stared.

And stared.

"What do you mean he was on drugs! He was not on drugs. He couldn't have been on drugs. Why would he do that? What drugs did he do?"

Kristian couldn't have been doing drugs. But that would explain the way he's been acting all this time.

"He had ecstasy and heroin in his system. Apparently he is-"

I didn't let him finish. I fell to my knees and let the tears fall. My hands quickly covered my eyes.

I felt arms wrap around me and I recognized the warmth belonging to my mother.

Fuck, Kristian what did you do?

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

So yeah there are like two or three chapters left so yeah.

DRAMA
Drama
drama

Love y'all

~Kiara