Chapter 2

Lunch was very entertaining as Anna and David were on each other's throats.
"Will you finish all of that?" David asked.
"Would I order something I wouldn't be able to finish," she replied leaving him with a smirk on his face.

Alex's POV

"How was your day sweetheart," Alex asked her ignoring the bickering occurring between his friend and Anna.
"It was resourceful, we are almost done preparing for the board exams," she said giving him a tired smile.
"That's good news indeed. I called my grandfather today, he wants to see us tomorrow," he told her gently rubbing her knuckles.
"That great. I do miss your grandmama she was a delight when I met her last time," she told him with a warm smile.

"Did you eat this morning?" she asked a few minutes later.

How did I ever get so lucky to find a sweet girl who cares for my well being?

"Yes I did, you can ask David," I told her knowing how persistent she could become.

She knew that I never bothered with food whenever I was stressed. She knew me too well, and I loved her for that. Her silky brown hair was pulled into a tight ponytail, showing off her high cheekbones. Her lips were upturned into a smile that always made my heart dance with elation knowing I had placed it there. She was a little spitfire and when my father insulted her I was surprised that she remained silent. Her eyes were the windows to every emotion she felt. I could see the glimmer of pain and I knew it was mostly because of her fathers wellbeing.

"Thank you. You know I hate it when you don't eat something," she said softly.

--------------

Next Day

Alex's POV

We went to my grandparents estate and after telling them what had happened my grandfather insisted on giving me the starting capital for my business. I still had to tell Gaby that I would be leaving Greece for six months.

"Sweetheart," he said pulling her towards him as he sat on the kitchen stool. "I have to go to New Orleans for six months."
Gaby stilled in his arms looking at him shocked.
"But before I go, I would like for us to get married, I want your father to be present for our wedding."

"Six months," she whispered leaning her head against his forehead.
"Please baby, once I get settled down I will send for you. We could have gone together but you have to finish up with school."
"I understand. Just promise me that's this distance will not cause problems for us."
"I promise," he said as he pulled her closer into his arms.
They got married in the hospital with her father and his grandparents present. That very day he to had leave as he had to meet up with some potentials clients. David went with him as his company was going to build the offices he would need to run his business.

2 years later

Gaby's POV 

"Good morning Mrs Stark," Edward their butler greeted her.
"Good morning. Have you seen my husband this morning?"
"I believe he is in the gym madam."
"Thank you, I will have my breakfast with him once he is done."

Heading towards the gym, I found Alex lifting some weights as sweat glistened on his hard body. I couldn't help but stare at my husband as his muscles contracted and relaxed, only to be brought out of my reverie when I felt his lips on mine.
"Good morning beautiful," he said huskily.
"Good morning mi amore ," I responded blushing.

---------

He pulled her into his arms as he captured her lips for a long sensual kiss.
"Now I have all your sweat on me," she mumbled after they pulled apart.
"I guess we will just have to wash it off," he said lifting her up like she weighed nothing as she let out a squall of delight.
"Lex! You do know I can walk right?"
"Yes honey, but in your condition I need to make sure you don't exert yourself."
"I'm only four weeks pregnant sweetheart. You have eight more months of fussing.

"I will fuss over you, because you are my wife and because I can," he said as he placed her down in the bathroom turning on the water.
"Fine Mr Stark. You win this round, but be warned. The next round is mine," she whispered into his ear as she entered the shower.

Going downstairs way past breakfast they heard the familiar voices of Anna and David. They had invited their friends over so they could tell them the news in person.
"I can walk just fine by myself Dave," can you just relax.
"Okay baby," he said raising his hand in mock surrender.

"Anna!" Gaby squealed  as she saw her friend.
David looked up to see his friend try hiding his smile at his wife's happiness as the ladies went ahead into the living room.
"Alex how are you?"
"Why are you asking me such nonsense when we only spoke a few hours ago?" he said in a serious tone, only to burst out into laughter when his friend had no response.
"Why you.."
"It's good to see you David, I can see marriage is doing wonders for you," Alex teased his friend.
"Don't start your royal highness," David mumbled as he led the way to the living room.

"So we have some news to tell you," Alex said as he held his wife's hand.
"So do we," Dave said looking towards his wife
"We are pregnant," Gaby said excitedly only to be rewarded by shocked expressions on their friends faces.
"So are we," David said as he smiled at his friends.

"I guess congratulations are in order," Alex said.
"There is more," Anna said. "David and I have decided to move here."
"That is fantastic news Anna!" Gaby said overjoyed. "How far long are you and when are you moving here?"
"Four weeks. Actually we already have a house here, apparently someone forgot to tell me their plans," she said looking at her husband in an accusing manner.
"Wait a minute, four?" she asked.

Turning to her husband and Dave in a serious tone she said, "Did you two plan on when to knock us up?"
"Wait a minute you too," Anna laughed as the men put two and two together.
"Sire, you have a call," Edward said interrupting them.
"Thank you Edward," he said. "Darling, would you excuse me," he said planting a kiss on her lips.
"Let me go check how lunch is coming along," she said excusing herself leaving her friends in their own little love bubble.

"Are you ladies free for lunch tomorrow?" David asked as they enjoyed their meal.
"Yes, I am not on call at the hospital tomorrow."
"Great," David said with a mischievous smile of his face.
"I will send Aftonio over to pick you up. I have meetings in the morning," Alex told his wife.