Chapter 10

"Oh Karen dear, I think you should go home I have some matters to attend to," he said wrapping his jacket around Gaby.
"Alexandros!" Gaby cried out removing his jacket. "Go back to your wife, I have suffered enough because of you. Just leave us alone."

Those words where a blow to his gut as he stared at her stunned and hurt. In one fluid movement he had her in his arms and kissed her senseless.
"Thats proof you don't mean those words agapi mou," he said after releasing her as her knees shook.

They were interrupted by the commotion ahead as his security faught off a swarm of paparazzi. Gaby started panicking only to have Alex take her hand and ask her, "Do you trust me Ela?"
She nodded her heard as he took her hand calling Toni.

"Clear a pathway for us we need to get out of here right away," Alex ordered.
"Right away sire."

As they sped off towards the airport he held her close to him never wanting to let her go as she snuggled into his side loving being in the comfort of his arms as she let out a sigh on content.
They passed through security easily and boarded his plane. Settling into a seat, he pulled her into his arms as she told him all that had happened when she left. He was angry with himself as he felt he was the cause of her blindness, he had caused her enough emotional pain.

"Where are we going?"
"Somewhere we wont be bothered."
"What about our son?"
"All is taken care of mi amor, hush now and rest," he said kissing her forhead. "I missed this," he sighed.
She fell asleep secured safely in his arms listening to the steady rhythm of his heart beat.

----------

She was woken up by her son drooling all over her. Smiling up at him as she planted kisses all over his face as he squalled in delight.
"Good morning mi amor," came the familiar husky voice.
"Good morning Lex," she said leaning up waiting for his lips to be granted a chaste peck, only for him to deepen the kiss until they pulled apart with her blushing furiously.
"I need to brush my teeth babe."
"I don't care, we need to make up for all the lost time," he told her nuzzling her neck before standing up straight to pick up their son. "You should freshen up love I will attend to this young mans needs."
"Where are we Lex?" She asked him as she heard the cries of seagulls.
"Welcome to Ela's Paradise mi amor, no one will find us here, only relevant people know of this place," he told her pulling her up to her feet. "Now hurry along, I want to show you around."

Alex left with their son whilst she found her way to the bathroom to shower. Taking her time letting the warm water relax her muscled she gasped when she felt large hands slowly helping ease the tension out of her muscles.
"Shouldn't you be taking care of our son?"
"I should, but who would take care of of you. He has all the women downstairs wrapped around his finger so I am not worried about him. You my dear have me to take care of you," he said turning her to face him.

"The island is large enough to house the workers families as well as their mansion which was secluded for the rest of the island," he told her upon enquiry.

"Good morning sire, madam," one of the footmen bowed in greeting. "Sire, there is a call for you," he said handing over the phone.
With a frown Alex listened to whoever was on the other end of the line.
"Thank you Izzy, I will tell you when I get back. Just keep me updated on the happenings of the palace and give mother my love."
"What is the matter Alex," she asked him gently caressing his face to remove the frown marking his features.
"Father is searching for our whereabouts. Don't worry querido, he will not find us unless I allow so," he reassured placing a kiss on her forehead pulling her into his arms.

"Come let's go there are some people who want to see you," he said pulling her towards a dock.
Toni and Edward were already aboard the yatch waiting for them with Alessandro. Pulling off the shore they cruised steadily towards a nearby island which took them roughly an hour to reach. As they got closer Gaby's face lit up upon hearing her friend calling out her name.

"Finally, I thought you guys were not coming," David mumbled as he embraced her.
"Some people were rather slow this morning," Alex muttered looking towards his wife who turned a deeper shade of red than the one she had.

Enjoying each other's company they spent the rest of the day out in the sun swimming not noticing the time fly by.
Alex and Gaby were left alone as they enjoyed the cool breeze. He pulled her closer into his arms nuzzling her neck trailing kisses towards her mouth only for her to turn her head away.

"Alex, where is this leading us? When we leave this island what will I be to you. You have a wife who is probably causing hell in search of your whereabouts."
"Mi amor, you know I don't even consider her my wife, the only wife I have is you."
"But that union was annulled. How do you think I would feel if I knew you were with another woman when we are married."
"What has gotten into you Gabriela! You know the only woman I would ever be with is you. I have not even touched that woman. You are all the woman I need for goodness sake!" He shouted turning her towards him.

By then it was now dark and the only lighting was from the lit torches lining the shore.

"Remember what your father called me, a mistress. That is exactly what I am right now. By law you are a married man, hence what am I exactly?" She spat putting some distance between them.
"Do you even hear yourself right now?" He said gripping her shoulders hard.

"Alexandros, please let go of me, you are hurting me," she whimpered out in pain.
"No I will never let you go, you are mine!" He stated in anger seeing that things were not going the way he had planned out.
"Not right now Alex, not whilst you belong to another," she said as tears trickled down her face.
"Ela what do you mean I belong to another when I belong to you," he sighed loosening his hold on her.

She took the chance to get away from him running down the beach out of his sight.
"Ela!" She heard him call out.

"What happened!" David asked running towards him.
"We had a small fight and she just ran off."
"Wait where to?" David asked scanning the beach. "There is a storm heading this way," he said as color drained from Alex's features.

---------------

Gaby's POV

The clouds grumbled angrily as light drops of water fell down onto my face. I should have just run towards the house instead of out here. at least hitting a brick wall would have better than not knowing were I was. The rain fell  down harder soaking me as I shivered.  The ground was too slippery resulting in me loosing my footing as my head landed on a rock before I tumbled dow hitting the cold water.

I prayed for someone to come to my rescue. With the cold seeping into my bones I felt numb finding solace in thinking of Alex and my son.
Let me just close my eyes for a minute.
I told myself as my eyes drifted shut.

Thank you for reading! don't forget to vote and comment. Much appreciated 😉