Chapter 3

Alex Stark's POV

"Good morning Mr Stark," my secretary greeted me at the entrance of  'Ela Enterprises' as he relieved me of my briefcase and handed me my coffee.

"Good morning Bruce. Is everyone here?"
"Yes sir they are all waiting for you."
"I don't want any interruptions unless it is my wife."
"Yes sir."

As he walked into the boardroom everyone stood up from their seats. He had on a silver-grey suite paired with a black shirt and black tie. His had replaced his long blonde hair with a shorter black haircut. He shrugged of his jacket and handed it to Bruce before sitting his long frame in a chair at the head of the table.

"Good morning Mr Stark," the group sang in unease, as they too settled down.
"Good morning," he said looking around the room. "Samuel, you may begin," he said calling out to his shipping manager.

"Very well sir, he said standing up.
"Mr Lee has informed us that construction of the combined carrier Balfour 1 is almost complete. She will be running in two months time. The handy size ships "Izzy" 1 to 5 are on their way form their destinations and should arrive in a weeks time."
"Any problems with my Panamax?"
"Ela240 is docked as there was an accident in unloading the cargo yesterday."
"Why was I not informed of this?"
"I thought you had been told sir."
"Let this be the last time I hear of such incompetence or else," he said in an icy tone.

"Distribution!"
"Well sir," said a nervous young man. "Demetriou Inc. would like us to transport some building materials for their new headquarters here."
At the mention of Demetriou, Alex became more alert.
"I will deal with that personally. Make sure all the problems are sorted, any mishaps and you can kiss your career goodbye. Do I make myself clear?" he said as he headed to the door which Bruce quickly opened.
"Yes sir," was all he heard as he made his way to his office.

As he was going through some paperwork someone barged into his office. He did not need to lift his head up to know it was none other than his friend.
"Don't you ever knock?"
"Why should I, when I know you will let me in even if I do so," David arrogantly said as he planted himself down on the seat. "I hope you are ready for the girls surprise," he said with a smirk as he saw that his friends mind was elsewhere.

"Alex is everything okay?"
"My father has requested to use one of my fleets to carry some cargo. I don't know if I should accept the offer or not."
"Whatever decision you make just know I am behind you a hundred percent. Now can you stop sulking and let's get going," he said with a wide smile.
"Okay, okay, someone is overexcited," he mumbled as he took his phone and shades.

---------

"So what do you ladies think of this place?" Alex asked both women and they stood in awe of the whole facility.
"It's lovely, but if this is a medical care facility why aren't there any staff or patients present?" Gaby said.
"Well that because you two have to look for the staff then open this place up," David said with a toothy smile plastered on his face.
"What do you mean baby?" Anna asked.
"Well darling. This centre is under both your names. Alex and I have been working on this for the past few months. We know how both of you wanted to open your own place some day, so we just thought of speeding up the process."

"Are you serious?" Sammy said staring wide eyed at Alex.
"Yes sweetheart. Welcome to Little Haven," he said handing each of them a key.
"How will I ever thank you for this," she whispered as she hugged her husband.
"Hmm I have a few ideas we could implement this evening," he said in a husky voice.
"Please do tell me these ideas of yours," she smiled up to him.
"That's for me to know and for you to find out," he told her giving her a wink.

After completing their tour of the facility discussing how they would decorate it and make sure everything required in the case of any emergency was available as they also contacted some friends informing them of their new project.

-----------------

"Darling we have to attend a cancer fundraising dinner this evening," Alex told his wife over the phone.
"Lex, you know I hate last minute notices sweetheart," she said with a sigh.
"Thank you. See you this evening love."
"Enjoy your day sweetheart."

Gaby's POV

"Why he doesn't tell me these things on time, I don't know," I said out loud as Anna walked into my office.
"Let me guess, it's about the fundraiser tonight right?"
"Yes, and I don't have a dress."
"I need to get mine today, so how about we do a little shopping?"
"I have an appointment in a few minutes then I am free. The consultants can handle the rest of the day."
"Good, so do I."

"I think you should get this blue one, the color suites you very well," I told Anna as we looked over the dresses.
"I think you are right."
"I am always right. Now hurry up so we can get ready for this thing. I don't want to stay there for too long."
"Alright sweety."

Alex's POV

The dinner was in full swing as I waited for my wife to arrive.
"Prince Alexandros, is that really you?" I heard someone say from behind me.
Turning around I came face to face with the woman I thought was "the one" four years ago before I met Gaby.
"Karen, how are you?" I asked her with as she gave me a seductive smile.
Looking towards the entrance my jaw dropped as I stared at my wife in an elegant black dress. Every man looked in her direction as she walked in.
"Excuse me Karen," I interrupted her as she babbled on about old times.

"Darling you look ravishing. Let's just head back home I will have Bruce make our donation," I whispered to her as I kissed full on the lips making her moan in pleasure.
"Lex that would be very rude. Plus we can't go just yet after all this effort," she said indicating her attire.
"If you say so," I mumbled. "Where is Anna?"
"Oh, she went somewhere with David."
"Come our drinks should be ready," I said wrapping my arm around her.

As soon as we arrived at the bar, I regretted taking Gaby there.
"Prince Alexandros, I was looking for you."
"Sorry about that Karen, but I would like you to meet my wife," I told her as I pulled her closer to me. "Please refrain from using my title," I told her as I noticed people looking in our direction.
"Wife?" she said with a surprised expression. "Pleasure to meet you," she said towards my wife with a fake smile.
"Sweetheart remember our drinks," Gaby whispered to me as she clearly ignore Karen. I had to hide my smirk because Karen's expression was priceless at that moment.

Signaling the bartender to give us our juice.

-----------------

"I believe that is my drink sweetheart," Gaby said as she saw Alex sip her drink.
"Just making sure it's pure orange juice baby," he said with a smile.
"Thank you," she said looking lovingly into his eyes. "Can we go sit down, I am feeling a tad bit tired."
"Of course agapi mou," he said as he took her hand having long forgotten about the likes of Karen.

Gaby's POV 

After dinner most of the couples went onto the dance floor. Anna had gone to the ladies a while back and still wasn't back which had me worried. I decided to go to the ladies to check on her only to find her slumped over the toilet seat as she violently threw up. After some time I helped her up and helped her clean up.

Leaving the ladies we went in search of the men, and found David seated where I had left him.
"Where is Lex?"
"Um, Karen asked him to dance a few minutes ago," he said as he looked at his wife with a worried expression.

Turning towards the dance floor, it was as if on que the dancers parted to reveal my husband kissing her.