Chapter 12

Gaby's POV

It had been a week since Alex had forgiven his father. I refused to stay in his room until the break-up scandal had quietened down choosing to stay in the guest room. Alex was working late at his fathers company trying to salvage what was left of the empire with the help of David and Bruce.

"Mam, are you alright?" Marie enquired panicking as she tried to wake Gaby up.
"I have a headache and the pain medication is not helping," she whispered.

Toni quickly pulled out his phone and called Alex and informed him of his wife's state.

----------

"If I pull out enough funds from my own company we can salvage what remains of this company," Alex informed his friend looking over the company documents.
"I am open to anything. I will support you wherever you need help," David responded.
"Bruce have the documents ready and send them via email," he said turning towards the video conferencing screen.

Before they could continue one of his guards came in holding out his phone.
"It is for you sire," he said with a slight bow.
"Who is it?" Alex spat getting irritated from being interrupted.
"It is Aftonio sire, he..," he said.

The guard did not finish his message as the phone was snatched from his hand.
After listening to what Toni had to say Alex stood from his seat turning to David then Bruce.
"Gentlemen something urgent has come up."
"Go on Alex," David said knowing his friend had received worrying news.

-------

"Mi amor, talk to me." Alex said as he pulled her shivering body into his arms. She relaxed in his arms, snuggling closer to him as if searching for warmth.

Sending for a doctor, he had him examine her.
"Sire we need to get her to the hospital immediately," the doctor said making a call ahead for his team to be assembled.
"What do you mean by hospital? What is wrong with my wife?"
"I am not yet certain sir, but we need to run certain tests," he said making a move to help Gaby out of the bed.
"Don't," Alex said moving to lift her of the bed himself.

Getting impatient as they waited for her prognosis he gripped the collar of one of the nurses in attendance.
"Listen to me young men, go in there and find out what is taking so long," he said pointing to the operating room.
The young nurse scurried of into the room only for the doctor to come out smiling.
"The operation was successful. We found a clot blocking the blood supply to her visual cortex. She should be able to see once she wakes up. The clot was well hidden hence the other doctors were unable to see it."
"Thank you doctor," he said sinking back onto his chair.

She will be able to see again. Those where the words that replayed in his mind as they wheeled her out to her room. He followed closely behind making sure she was settled into her room.
"You guys can go home," he told his family.
"Call us when she wakes up," his mother said softly as she handed over her grandchild to him.
"I will do so mother," he said tucking the little one in his arms.

The following morning she woke up with a pounding head only to find Alex and her son sleeping peacefully in a chair beside her bed.
Wait a minute I can see them.
"Lex," she whispered as he stirred awake.
"How are you feeling agapi mou?" He asked her tenderly standing up with their son.
"I can see you," she cried forgetting the pain she felt.
"You, you can see us," he said his own tears falling down. Climbing onto the bed he gently pulled her into his arms whispering a silent prayer of thanks.

She was happy to see her son once again, admiring how much he had changed since she last saw him. She did the same with everyone as they came in to visit her.

"So this is your family file mou," Samuel Balfour stated entering the room. "Your highness, it is an honor to meet the woman who finally tamed this wild beast," he said planting a kiss on Gaby's hand giving her a charming smile that made her blush.
Alex stood up to remove Samuels hand from his wife's glaring at his friend. Comparing the two Samuel stood a few inches taller than Alex but both had the strong greek god stature.

"Don't you have better things to do than come in here and flirt with my wife," Alex growled.
"Alex!" Gaby said shocked by his rudeness.
"Do not mind him at all your highness. I am used to his greeting already," he said smiling at Alex.
"It's been a while Balfour, what brings you here?" Alex said pulling his friend into a man hug.
"You never write, or call. I knew someone had taken you away from me," Sam said pretending to be a drama queen.

"Please stop that nonsense. So what's up?" Alex said laughing.
"Well I came here for some business as usual. Stopped by to check up on my hospital then I heard you had cleared the whole top floor, I mean seriously file mou, what about my other patients," he said looking upset.
"Alex! Tell me he is lying. This is a hospital for goodness sake," she said in a scolding tone.
"It was for your safety mi amor, the press were giving us trouble," he mumbled scratching his head.

"That is alright, I fixed the chaos you created," Samuel said looking over her chart. "I will be taking over your case just to make sure you stay healthy and give this man hell for me."
"Wait you are a doctor?"
"Neurosurgeon to be precise, though I prefer running the family empire, I still enjoy medicine."
Alex scoffed at his friend, "Show of."
"Don't even start my friend, you know I will beat you up very easily. Now I understand you want to take her home? I will send my assistant Jackie with you, she will take care of her very well," he said as he flashed a light into her eyes examining their response.

After receiving another scan Samuel allowed them to leave using his helicopter as the press was still making trouble.

Three weeks later she felt much better to go out with Anna and Izzy as they caught up on old times.

-----------

Gaby woke up in Alex's arms. As she tried to get up his grip on her waist only tightened as he pulled her closer.
"How much closer do you want us to be if I can't breathe mi amore?" She chuckled.
"There are other ways we can be close with you getting a lot of oxygen," he said kissing her shoulder pulling her underneath him as he gave her a long kiss.
Pulling away he carried her to the bathroom.
"What do you think of us going to New Orleans?" He asked her stripping her out of his shirt.
"I would like that very much, can we also go to the island, I want to see it," she asked running her hand down his chest to pull down his pants but stilled when she saw the stunning ring on her finger.
"I will make the necessary arrangements. But it's only for a week so we can leave Alessandro with either my parents or his godparents," he said pulling her closer to him. "There is something I wanted to ask you," he said lifting her up into his arms as she wrapped her legs around him. "Will you be my wife once more, this time for good."
"Yes I will Lex," she said kissing him softly. "Mmm so I will have you all to myself in New Orleans," she stated pulling away from his lips as they entered the shower.

-------

From New Orleans they went to the island. Feeling tired from the long night, she was woken up by Anna and Izzy.
"What are you guys doing here?"
"Wake up sleepy head, we have to get ready."
"Ready for what?"
"Your wedding duh," Izzy said with a wide grin.

Walking along the beach she saw her family all looking towards her with smiles. Her son excited in Toni's arms beside Alex. She smiled happy to have her family together once more. What more could she ask for...

~~~The End~~~