Chapter 9

Landing in Greece late afternoon they headed straight to Señor Maximus's Villa to ensure the safe delivery of his Andalusian horse, the horse of kings, as many called it. He had offered to take them under his roof after persistently asking her to personally bring the pure breed. He was known for his love and passion for horses as he housed world champion horses in his stables as well as different breeds from across the globe.

"She is indeed a beauty," he said admiring the animal. It's black coat glistening as they led her into her stall. "Thank you very much señora Montes, you have made my collection complete he said with pride.
"The pleasure is all mine señor, I am glad she has a good home now."
Taking her hand which she willingly allowed, he led her towards his villa, Toni closely followed them as did Maximus's wolfs.

"Will you join me this evening for a fundraising dinner I must attend."
"I would be honored sir, but I'm afraid I must decline for I do not have the appropriate attire for such an event."
"I have taken the liberty of arranging clothing for you."
"I cannot leave my son al..."
"Your son will be looked after, his every need being granted," he said cutting her off as he brought her hand to his lips. "Until tonight chiquita," he said casting dark eyes in her direction with a sexy smile that could make anyone woman weak at the knees.

"Anna it's so lovely to have you here," Gaby said in greeting. "When did you arrive? I thought you would be arriving tomorrow."
"Change of plans dear but I am here nonetheless."
"So are you here alone, I can see Toni is here," she said spotting Toni a few feet away.
"Here you go my dear," Maximus said handing her a glass of apple cider.

Anna stood stunned, mouth hanging open in shock looking over Maximus's tall lean frame. His dark hair neatly gelled back and his suit hugging his muscular physic in all the right places as his eyes sparkled looking at Gaby.
"Anna I would like you to meet señor Maximus my date for tonight. He just purchased one of my horses."
"Oh my," she said as David walked up to them with a frown on his face.

After formal introductions Maximus asked Gaby for a dance. Slowly he pulled her closer to him only for her to put some distance between them.
"What is the matter little one?"
"I am sorry Maximus, I do not want to lead you on but my heart belongs to another."
"He is a very lucky man to own the heart of something so precious," he said kissing her on the forehead. "So tell me where is this man who would dare let you travel alone," he growled teasingly with a stern expression.
"It's a long story señor."
"Well we do have some time to kill after all," he said making her laugh.

Whilst she told him her story David called Alex to find out where he was. A few minutes later he arrived clearly in a foul mood, which he seemed to wear often.

"What did you call me down here for? I already made my donation." Alex asked in greeting as everyone kept throwing glances in their direction.
"I thought you would be interested in this new project of mine," David said with a cheeky grin.
"Are you and Anna up to your old mischief again?" He asked in irritation.
"What could we possibly do here? It's a fundraiser for petes sake." David said.
"It's never good when the two of you are involved," Alex grumbled.

"What is wrong Toni," Gabby asked sensing him close to her. He always wore the same cologne so she would know who it was.
He didn't have to respond to her question as a familiar shiver ran up her spine. Only one person could make her react this way. Maximus was by her side as he saw her ex-husband entering the venue, looking grim as his wife smiled for the both of them.
"So that is him?" He asked receiving a nod in confirmation whilst Toni shielded her from Alex's sight.