Chapter 11

"I need men who know this island very well!" David shouted at his men. "And where is that doctor?" he said heading back out.
"Toni you are coming with us. Edward take care of them," Alex said zipping up his waterproof sweater with a grim expression indicating towards Anna and the children.
"Yes sire," Edward said handing over a bag with all the necessary equipment with a slight bow.

Flooding light towards the thick bushes they headed in the direction she had left using estimates as to how far out she would have gone. Keeping a sharp eye out as they combed the way she would have gone one of the trackers shouted out that he had spotted something ahead of them.

As they got closer to the water, Alex did not need to think twice as he caught sight of the still figure of his wife. Running towards her not caring if the ground was slippery he dived into the water swimming out to her.
"Alex!" David growled as he let curses flow out of his mouth.

"Ela, mi amor, try to stay awake for me," he told her as she mumbled nonsense.

The doctor quickly rushed to examine her as soon as they arrived at the house.
"She is suffering from hypothermia. Sire she needs to get her body temperature up," he said in a worried tone.
"Bring me more blankets now!" Alex shouted.

"This is not helping at all," David muttered as he looked over Gaby.
"Leave us," Alex ordered resulting in the doctor and David leaving the room.
Slowly he removed his wet clothes and slipped under the covers pulling her body closer to his.
"I need you to stay awake agapi mou," he whispered pulling her closer as her body shuddered. "Our son needs you, I need you Ela," he murmured.

"Good morning mi amor," she said softly as he turned towards her relief washing over his face a smile forming on his lips. She knew it was him, she could sense his presence easily. "I had the most awful dream."
"Tell me about it," he said with a frown sitting beside her and taking her hand into his.
"Well we had an awful fight and then I was out in a storm and thought I was going to die, but I don't remember what happened afterwards."

Closing his eyes he slowly opened them with regret written all over his face.
"It was not a dream agapi mou," he sighed as he told her what had happened.
"Wait so how long have I been out?" she asked studying his worn out features with her hands.
"Four days, my love."

"Four days! Where is our son? I shouldn't have run off. What was I even thinking? Look at all the trouble I caused you," she said with tears running down."
"Sshh, shh. It's alright baby. Everything is alright," he told her pulling her into his arms to comfort her.

After being scolded by everyone Anna stayed with her after chasing Alex away with many threats.
"You scared us Gaby. Don't ever do something like that again," she scolded. "Alex was going crazy over you not waking up, he never left your side let alone got any sleep."
As all this information sank in guilt overtook her as she promised her friend to never pull a stunt like that again.

Alex came back into the room a few minutes later feeling refreshed after his shower.
Sitting down on the chair beside her bed she held out her hand towards him inviting him onto the bed. He silently got up and lay beside her and drifted off to sleep pulling her closer to him.
"I love you Lex," she whispered kissing his head.

"I love you more, mi amor," was his greeting when he woke up making her blush.
"So you heard me and decided to remain quiet."
"I was rather tired love," he said kissing her slowly. "Should we go back to our own little haven?"
"I would like that very much," she said with a smile only for it to die out in an instant. "Forgive me Lex," she said.
"No no no mi amor, I should be asking for forgiveness. As we speak Bruce is seeing to settling my divorce from Karen. Izzy informed me earlier yesterday that my father nearly had a heart attack upon hearing the news throwing tantrums."

"Will you do one thing for me Lex," she whispered.
"Anything for you my love."
"Talk to your father and forgive him. He is still your father and can never be replaced. I should know since I lost my own. Just hear him out even thought he is angry with you."
"Only because you asked will I try to do so. Now can we head back home," he said getting impatient.
"Yes of course," she said smiling at him.

Dismissing all the workers they had the house to themselves as Alex took care of them. Even Toni and Edward were not around. There was no security risk as everyone knew everyone on the private island.
"He is finally down," Alex said sitting down beside her.
"Thank you papa," she said with a smile as she took a bite of her watermelon.
"Mmmm that's looks very appetizing mama," he said staring at her chest.
"Eyes up here big boy," she told him knowing all too well were his eyes were focused.
"What? I saw more that that a few days ago," he said in mock outrage.

"Besides you were not complaining then," he whispered huskily into her ear as he took her plate out of her hands. His hands went down to her waist and lifted her up easily as she wrapped her legs around his waist.
"Let me remind you mi amor," he said stealing kisses.
"What about, my food," she moaned out.
"That can wait. This can't," he said slipping off his shirt over her head.

--------

"Gaby it's so great to see you!" Agatha greeted her before greeting Alex.
"It's good to see you too, I truly missed you your excellency."
"Gaby what did I tell you to call me," she said sternly. "How is my grandson?"
"He is growing way too fast for my liking. Very soon he will be off to college if I am not careful mother."
Agatha only chuckled leading them towards her husbands office.

"Do you know how much trouble you have caused. Now my company is in jeopardy of going bankrupt because of you breaking off your union with Karen."
"What do you mean father?"
"You were supposed to get married to her as leverage for an investment deal I had with her father."
"Why did you not inform me of this? I could have easily helped out. No wait I was not your son then remember," he said sarcastically.
"And how would you have done that might I ask," he scoffed.

"Have you ever heard of Ela Enterprises?"
"Yes, they helped out with a project of ours a year or so back," he mumbled.
"You see if not for my wife I would have not helped you out with that's shipment," he said with a sly smile.
"What?" he asked flabbergasted.
"Why father are you surprised? You are after all speaking to one of the largest shipping magnates, The Mr and Mrs Stark," he said pulling his wife closer to him. "I thought you would have put two and two together after I named my ships, no sorry, our ships...," he said kissing his wife's head, "after the important women in my life, I guess your research team is not competent enough. You aught to thank my wife though she pushed me to work with you even though I never really wanted to."

The kings world seemed to crumble down as he thought of all he had done. He realized he should have trusted his son more that anything. He really hadn't liked Karen as all she seemed to do was spend money and not contribute towards anything. For his son to have a woman who pushed him to become the man he is today, a son he was proud of he realized his mistake.

"Will you both forgive me," he muttered as tears ran down his face. As he confessed to being the one who had sent the men to take their son away. "I never meant for you to be hurt Gabriela. All they had to do was take the boy and not harm anyone," he said as he continued to tell them about the fake plane crash information.

By the time he finished Alex was boiling with anger only for Gaby to turn him and bring his face closer to her.
"Remember your promise," she whispered. Turning towards his father he accepted his apology and was rewarded by a genuine smile of gratitude.

Alessandros walked into the room rambling baby talk to himself and went straight towards his grandpapa with a wide smile on his face. The king broke down at the site of his innocent grandson as he picked him up and held him close.
"I already knew father," Alex said softly. "Karen told me when I broke off our marriage and as we speak her father has received his payment with interest as expected. You should really thank my wife, she is the one that convinced me to even talk to you today," he said smiling lovingly at her.

"Thank you my dear, for my making my family complete again," he said smiling as his wife comforted him.
She gave the king a nervous smile as she wondered what their next step would be.