Chapter 8

Alex's POV

"There has been a plane crash sire," said one of the guards.
"And you are informing me of this because?"
"Sire, it's the jet Madam Montes and Prince Alessandro were on."

As soon as those words left his mouth my world crumbled down.

"No no no no, it is a lie. This cannot be happening to me," he said as he shot out his chair and paced around his office pulling his hair.
"What is the matter," David said barging into my office.
"My wife and son, no it can't be," he whispered the last part to himself.
"What has happened to them Alex?"
"They are dead David. My wife and son are dead."

"No," Anna gasped her eyes flooding with tears.

------------

"I told her I would come for her, now now who will I go to when they are no more," he said as he took a swing of the wine straight from the bottle.
"Alex come on now, you know Gaby would have hated to see you like this."
"Gaby is dead, why should I bother taking care of myself."

This had been going on for the past few months as Alex neglected his business. His father had reinstated his princely duties and those too he neglected. It was only after his mother and sister got through to him did he pick himself up even though he was now void of any feeling.

"You have to stop this Alexanderos!" Karen fumed.
Just the sound of his name on her lips was like nails scratching a board.
Making him reminisce how his name sounded on her lips. His heart ached to hear her voice just once more, to see her beautiful smile, the smile he would have placed upon her lips. To taste those lips as he held her in his arms, moulding her body to his.
"Get out Karen!" He boomed cutting short her tantrums.

He sat down reminiscing on how he had met her.

A few years back

"Listen to this fool," Alex snickered looking at the arrogant man in front of him.
"Come on Alex. Just let the poor man go."
"No! He had the gal to refuse my order. Does he not know who I am!" He spat.
"I am tired of little princes who throw unnecessary tantrums. You should grow up," he said as his own men moved closer ready to pounce if Alex's man tried anything.

Their stare down had become the main attraction as everyone in the club was silently watching them. This silence was broken by the uncontrollable fits of giggles coming from the two ladies who had just entered the venue.
Both ladies stood rooted at the door wide eyed as every head turned in their direction.

"Alex just let it go," David whispered.
"Oh alright, whatever. Let's get back to our drinks," Alex said with a sly smile.
The music was turned back on and everyone resumed to their previous state of enjoyment. Alex couldn't help but stare at the ladies who had just entered the venue.
Every once in a while his eyes would roam to wherever she stood noticing she only drank water enjoying the company of her friends. Summoning enough courage he went to their table with David close by.

"Hi there," Alex greeted her interrupting their conversation.
She turned to look at him with a frown on her face.
"Would you like to head back home with me. I could show you a good time," he said with a cocky grin.
Assuming she would happily jump in excitement at being asked by the prince he found himself drenched in water as David snickered. His men moved in only for him to give them the order to stand down.
"Oh man, I like this girl," David laughed out loud receiving an angry glare from his friend.

Taking the hanky from his guard he wiped his face and stormed out of the bar before he did something he would regret.
No girl had ever rejected him. This girl fascinated him topics an extent he broke of his relationship with Karen to sweep this one girl off her feet.
After finding out Anna was her best friend he sought out more information about her, her liked and dislikes.