Chapter 7

The house was buzzing with excitement as everyone prepared for the family picnic which included the families of all the villa workers. Everyone was excited once the announcement was made. The day was filled with fun activities including tug of war, softball and many other activities. Bouncy houses had been set up for the younger children and water slides for the older kids.Agatha and Izzy showed up for a few minutes before leaving as they knew Dione would cause trouble somehow if he discovered their whereabouts.

"Lex I'm going to take a nap for a few minutes," she said as she took a sleeping Alessandro with her.
"I'll wake you up before everyone leaves," he said planting a kiss on her forehead.

As she gently lay her son on their bed a sudden chill ran up her spine. Turning around she saw a man wearing a woolen hood holding a dagger.
"If you cooperate I will not use this blade," he stated.
"What do you want, if it's jewelry, money. I will give you, just don't harm my child or I."
"I'm not here to cause harm, just give me the child.
"You will have to go through me first before you get to my child," she spat as she stood in front of the man.

"Very well," he said as he lunged towards her. She managed to throw a few good punches and scratches before she felt the blade sink into her flesh at the same time slamming her head against the wall but luckily she didn't pass out. Clutching her stomach she felt numb as she watched him lift her son up and quickly leave the room. Willing her body to move she staggered down the stairs heading to the back. Standing at the backyard entrance she searched for her husband, as her body started to feel cold. The last thing she heard was a piercing scream before she collapsed onto the ground.

Alex's POV

The shrill scream caught everyone's attention as everyone stopped what they were doing. Looking towards the entrance I saw Ela sinking to the ground as more blood soaked her shirt and hands.
My life seemed to flash before my eyes as I willed my lower limbs to move towards her.

"Ela, querido, please baby look at me."
"Apply pressure on the wound," Anna said handing me a towel, whilst David called for an ambulance. "Gabriela sweety I need you to stay awake for me," Anna said as she checked her friends breathing and circulation. Hand me my medical kit. Quickly disinfecting her hands and wearing gloves she switched places with Alex as he supported her head and she looked at the wound finding a means of slowing down the loss of more blood.

Edward had quickly ushered everyone away from the scene leaving only David, Alex and Anna.
"She is going into shock, hand me a blanket. Alex continue talking to her," Anna ordered as they heard the ambulance sirens come closer. The paramedics loaded her onto a gurney and rushed off to the hospital.

"Toni follow them, I will take care of everything here," David informed the man as he saw Anna and Alex leave in the ambulance.

Alex walked into his office determined to take a look at his security feed. As he was going through the feed, he witnessed two men entering his premises and killing his security man as one of them entered the house whilst the other stayed stayed outside. A couple of minutes later he saw him come out with his son.
His phone rang and he picked it up without even bothering to look at the caller id.

"If you want your son to be safe, divorce your wife and leave her by the end of tomorrow or we will send a body bag."
"Who is this!" He shouted.
"Do as I have said and your child will be safe. You have until 6pm tomorrow."

------------

"If you want your boy back, safe and sound, you will have to explain to her," David sighed looking at his watch. "You have three hours left to make your decision."
"Thank you my friend. You head on back to your family," he told his friend as he entered his wife's hospital room.