Chapter 2

It took them a week to search for a scapegoat. It was not as easy as said; however, luck was on their side. They finally found a suitable one to replace Shu Xiaofan. The Shu family can sit back and relax for now. The only thing they have to do now was to prepare everything until the big day came.

******

The sun already roared high in the sky and Ruolan was doing his work as usual. Sweats ran down his cheekbone; Ruolan wiped the small drop then rose up his head and look into the innocent blue sky for a moment. Cool spring breeze hit his pale complexion skin and his platinum blonde hair was dancing in the wind. The corner of his lips curved upwards.

"Today is a fine day."

The young servant was doing his work and suddenly felt his back were smacked by someone. He yelped in surprise and he turned his head to find out the culprit behind him, it was his tomboyish mistress. Ruolan heaved a soft sigh and politely asks, "Is there anything you need, Young Mistress?"

Shu Xiaofan grinned at Ruolan and ordered, "Get me some snack!"

Ruolan nodded his head then went to the kitchen to prepare her snacks. After a moment, the young servant appeared with his hands holding a tray of snacks and tea. The delicious aroma could arouse anyone's appetite and his mistress was no exception. She grabbed a bite of the snack; the sweet jam melted inside her mouth and make her taste buds smile. "Mhm~ Delicious as usual! Any girl who will end up marrying you must be a very lucky girl!" She sincerely praised his cooking.

Indeed. This young servant whom has been serving under the Shu family for almost twelfth years was excellent in handling housework. Speaking of food, even his master admitted that Ruolan was a great cook.

The young servant gave her a small smile and humbly replied, "Thank you Young Mistress, but my cooking skill is still below average that I need to sharpen my skill more— Aiyo!" Before he could finish his words, a palm unexpectedly scraped across his back made Ruolan cried in surprised.

"Silly! I am sincerely complimenting your cooking skill! Why so humble? Ruolan ah Ruolan. Having a feminine appearance combined with this attitude, aiii.. This is why men fall for you instead of girls!" she chuckled while teasing the feminine young servant.

Ruolan's eyebrows crooked. The word 'feminine' distressed him since he really hated that one word to the core. He sincerely wanted to shout "It is not like I wanted it!" in her face but he did not dare. The young servant gathered his strength together to remain calm as he kept his lips shut.

As the saying goes, silence is golden.

Shu Xiaofan knew her servant's temper very best but she cannot help herself, she just loved teasing him. Restraining herself, she changed the subject, "I have been eating this cake for some time yet had not known the name of this cake. Not to mention, I see none other made this except you. Is it a self recipe?" She asked, tilting her head.

Ruolan's expression slightly changed and he did not hesitate answering her, "Yes, it is indeed my own recipe. I have been trying to make lots of different foods since I was small. There were plenty of them but does not have names yet. The one that Young Mistress is eating now is one of my creations." His smile went wider as he spoke; obviously that cooking was his passion.

The young mistress replied him with a long "Hmmmm~", clearly showed no interest to know any further and Ruolan went silent afterwards. Only the sound of the trees blown by the cold spring breeze could be heard around the mansion.

"So, how is miss Jiao Ju doing?" The young servant began speaking again, breaking the silence between them.

"She is doing fine. With few brief of explanations, she knows what she should do. So we did not have a hard time discussing with her. Besides, we paid her family in return so she did not say anything against us." Shu Xiaofan casually replied him while still chewing her snack.