Chapter 10

A/N: Hello, it's been a while. Before you begin reading, I would like to inform everyone that I have made a bit changes in names. From now on, I'll be writing Jun and Yu name as;

Jun = Shun Jun

Yu = Xuan Yu 

Of course not only in this chapter, their name in the previous chapters has also been changed! *peace sign* That is all, enjoy your reading! :D

===================================

"Your Majesty?"

"Your Majesty?"

Xuan Yu startled, the old man's voice successfully awaked him from his daydream. The Emperor fixed his phoenix eyes at the official before him; he realised all eyes in the hall were focused on him at the moment.

"What is Your Majesty's action regardless the matter?"

His chin still rested on his knuckle as he stared blankly at the old man. Xuan Yu's has been spacing out almost the entire of time during the discussion, how could he catch up with the things they were discussing?

"What matter?" He asked lazily.

The minister secretly let out a small sigh, but still patiently repeated his report again, "It is the report regardless the taxes. Your subject asked for Your Majesty's permission to reduce the amount of tax."

The moment Xuan Yu took the official document on the table was the exact moment those officials heaved a breath again. The Emperor did not realize that he has been reading the same report for the fourth time. What has gotten into the Emperor lately? The strange acts he conducted began since month ago; even those ministers could not comprehend what was going on with him.

After a while, Xuan Yu put the document back on the table, his expression was rather solemn and composed. Everyone in the hall eagerly waited for his answer when suddenly they heard the man said, "This matter will be discussed on later date. The court is dismissed." These few words sealed the mouth of the ministers in an instant as they speechlessly watched the Emperor leaving the hall.

*****

The young monarch was sitting in his dragon chair in the Imperial Study room, rubbing the space between his brows with his thumb and forefinger, looking a bit depressed. This was not the usual him. He never abandoned any important discussion hanging, and he never dismissed the court early than usual. What exactly happened to him?

Ah right, he finally remembered he has been behaving strange after that one night. Yes, the night he picked that one woman to accompany him but ended up fainted in his bed. Remembering the woman in such state, Xuan Yu could not help but to be disappointed to such unexpected outcome. Even though he loved having a passionate night with his concubines, but he was not the kind of man who was desperate enough to 'play' even with a dead fish.

Sigh, what a shame, truly a shame! Just when he was about to enjoy the rare moment, the little rabbit already 'died' before the wolf could even enjoy chewing its meat alive. What was more, the long night that was supposed to bloom with colourful flowers of spring has been considered as wasted.

The Emperor punched the table infuriately while gritting his teeth in frustration. "Humph! Even if you manage to make this Xiong Xuan Yu retreated that night, there will always be next time where I[1] will savour every inch of your body. That time, I will make sure you will only have me[1] in your mind and cry out, begging for more..."

While he was angrily pondered over the poor concubine, suddenly a low voice rang from the outside telling him, "Your Majesty, your servant begs for an audience."