Chapter 20

Hello everyone~ I apologies for taking a long time to update chapter 20. Tbh, I'm actually experiencing writers block now— I can't promise how long I will take to update the next chapter again. :'( ASDFGHJKL BUT I WON'T FORGET TO THOSE WHO MOTIVATED ME! *cries* If it weren't you guys, I won't be able to complete this chapter so I am reeeeeeeally grateful to have friends who sticks with my Orchid until now. Thanks for the love and wish me luck for the next chapter! ;w;/

=====================================

It was already afternoon and Hui Qing had done her part early as usual. Since she has nothing to do at the moment, the beauty took the opportunity to take a rest. She grabbed a chair nearby and sat at the corner of the kitchen while watching the others doing their works.

Her big and round cat eyes focused on the lady, whom was stirring the seething soup in the pot. The lady was once a person she had hated because of the conflict between them. Even though women have no rights to decline arranged marriage, but seeing Shu Xiaofan's father had his knees on the ground and kept on apologizing softened both her father and brother's heart.

Her brother once said he had someone he interested. Coincidentally, that person appeared to be the daughter of the Shu family. Hui Qing never saw Shu Xiaofan's face before and did not know what kind of person she was, but seeing how happy her brother was, she felt happy for him as well.

Unfortunately, their happiness did not last long when the Shu family suddenly decided to cancel the arranged marriage. Although her brother said he was fine, but she knew deep inside his heart, he was already broken. In result of that, Hui Qing began to hate Shu Xiaofan for taking lightly of other's feeling.

Ironically, here she was, sitting at the corner, watching the hateful Shu Xiaofan doing her work. Worst of all, Hui Qing even offered her a help. What on earth she was thinking saying that she would help her?

After getting along with her in a short time, Hui Qing could not believe Shu Xiaofan was different from what she imagined. Even though the beauty had mistreated her with numerous of ill deeds, Shu Xiaofan does not take it into heart nor seek for revenge. Instead, she insisted on clearing the misunderstood between them.

Hui Qing felt greatly ashamed when she recalled back how stubborn and childlike she was. The time she went back to her sense, she did not notice that Shu Xiaofan's eyes and hers already locked on each others. Hui Qing felt blood rushed to her face and quickly averted her eyes away from the other lady.

Ruolan had no idea why the beauty stared at him for a long time but continued doing his work anyway.

Meanwhile, Xuan Yuan Rui came back after gone missing for hours. When Meng Yue saw him, she ran to him and asked impatiently, "Shaoqing where have you been? Do you not know how much work I had to do after you left? As a servant, you should not behave like this. If the Emperor were to found out his servant slacked off, Shaoqing will not be able to help us again!"