Chapter 12

Hiii~ This time a bit fast eh? I just wanted to finish this chapter and the next chapter quickly because Xuan Yu won't appear at the moment. Also, I want to say thank you so much for the comments in the previous chapter and those who posted messages on my wall(you know who you are). :D If it weren't you all, I wouldn't be able to continue writing. motivation is what I need at the moment~ Anyhow, enjoy reading~

=====================

Judging from his circumstances now, he knew it would be a bad idea to stay longer. Since from the very beginning, was escape not his original plan? Come to think about it, what made him stayed? Ruolan pondered over his foolish acts while busily packing all his things. Oh right, he was in love with Xuan Yu, which one of the reason why he still there. Him, falling in love with the Emperor? Such abnormal feelings, how could it grow towards men? Was he out of his mind?

He had explored the palace for the past few months; of course he found the nearest gate for a route to escape. But whenever he recalled that tall and endless walls, he understood clearly escaping the palace will not be one easy task. He knew the fact that the palace had a tight security. Although he had his young mistress's idea about the escape plan running in his head, but he was afraid of the consequences he would face if the plan failed.

After all, changing his attire into one of the imperial guard, was it not hard? Those men he saw were all big and masculine if compared to him. If in the middle of the titans suddenly popped out a small and delicate flower, would that not be suspicious? Of course will find out! Aii... But the idea was his one and only plan, he could not think of anything else to solve the problem.

Ruolan was all depressed when suddenly a small 'clang' sound caught by his ear while he took out the clothes from the cupboard. Moving his gaze to his below, Ruolan saw a small jade bracelet on the floor.

"This-"

He murmured as he retrieved it from the floor. The green ornamental was actually given by Jiao Ju before he depart, asked him a favour to find her brother in the palace and give it to him.

Four years ago, because of their poverty and her sick condition left her brother no choice but to join the military to feed his family back at home. Because being a part of the government can guarantee high income if compared to mere jobs in the town. However, the money he sent was not enough. Most of it were spent on Jiao Ju's medicine, thus why she ended up sold by her parents and became Shu Xiaofan's scapegoat.

Reminiscing back her fragile condition and the sad life she had been through, it was far worse than his current condition. His heart developed a guilty feeling. Jiao Ju put her trust on him, yet all the time he thought was running away from the place without even fulfil her wish. Since when did he become a person who only thought of himself? Ruolan could not help but to slap his face. The stingy pain in his right cheek made him realise that he deserved such punishment for his own selfishness. Gripping tightly of the wristlet, he had promised the young lady to hand the ornamental band to his brother, so he must complete the request before flying out from the palace.

Ruolan was in the middle of deep thought then suddenly he heard a suspicious sound outside his room. His eyes fell on the door and shouted, "Who is it?"

Silence.

The silence raised his curiosity. Ruolan mustered his courage and bravely went to the door for a check. Opening the two long woods made entrance; he popped his head out for a look. It was not entirely dark outside because of the moonlight, so he still can see things around him. He let out a relieved sigh when he found nothing suspicious, It must be my imagination.

Not far from his room, a dark figure hiding behind the wall watched him as he closed the door.

Continuing back on his matter, Ruolan decided to stay a little bit longer for the sake of Jiao Ju. Although it was a risky idea since Xuan Yu might visit him any time, he had no choice but to endure another life and death with him for he must complete his unfinished business.