Chapter 15

Update again! :'D Thank you for your comments in the previous chapter!  It meant a lot for me. And I never thought Rong Heng would be popular(why eh?) BTW, how do you like the new cover? ^_^ Ahhh don't wanna spoil the mood by talking too much-- Happy reading!

=======================================

Several days after the Emperor sudden visit, another surprise struck Ruolan when he saw a brown sedan chair placed in front of his room early in the morning. There were four men stood beside it, as if guarding the tall box. One of the men saw Ruolan and immediately went to inform him that they came to pick him. The man also said it was the Emperor's order.

Ruolan secretly laughed bitterly, thinking that Xuan Yu should at least inform him the day before so he would not be too surprise to see those people waiting for him outside his room. He had no choice but to climb into the sedan chair. Suddenly his maid called out for him.

Ruolan turned to Meng Yue, "What is it?"

Meng Yue stared at her lady with anxiousness in her face, "Do Lady Shu not want to change?"

Ruolan looked down and see his simple clothing for a second then sighed softly, "Well, I think my appearance now is fine. I do not have the time to change and I cannot make His Majesty waiting."

Meng Yue scanned her from up to down then up again before replying in doubt, "But... Lady Shu is about to meet His Majesty and she cannot appear like this in front of him... What if His Majesty dislikes Lady Shu's appearance?"

He grinned, "It is fine. Meng Yue do not have to worry about it." If that really happen then Xuan Yu will certainly lose his interest on him. But Ruolan knew his plan was risky, he only can hoped that he did not annoy him that bad to the point of slashing a sword at him.

Meng Yue's face still painted with unease look, "At least wear some jewelleries!"

Ruolan shook his head and put on a force a smile as he told her not to worry so much. Before Meng Yue could speak a word, he already went into the sedan chair.

Meng Yue looked at the moving sedan chair with worries. The other day after the Emperor's visitation, her lady kept on putting a tense expression whenever the maid reminded her about the Emperor's invitation. Was her lady not in love with the Emperor? Why was her unhappy?

Meng Yue could only whisper in a low voice, "Lady Shu, please do not do anything bad!"

*****

"Imperial Brother looked so handsome today. Where are you going?" Xuan Yuan Rui asked while leisurely lying on a couch, eating grapes.

Xuan Yu was busy tidied by his servant when Xuan Yuan Rui questioned him. "None of your business." He replied in an unfriendly tone without even sparing him a look.

Xuan Yuan Rui sat up and exclaimed surprisingly, "How come it is not my business? Am I not your darling brother? I have the right to know!"

His ridiculous speech never failed to annoy Xuan Yu. It was not the first time he ever felt like slicing Xuan Yuan Rui's throat and threw him away to become dog's food.

Rong Heng was being alert when he saw the twitched blue vein in the Emperor's temple. He does not wish to see flood of bloods so he quickly put a fur robe on him, "It is ready."

When Xuan Yuan Rui saw his brother prepared to go out, he jumped from the couch then hugged Xuan Yu's arm, asking in glee, "Imperial Brother, tell me where you are going! I want to join the fun too!"

Xuan Yu's face was already dark since earlier. He pushed his brother away and said in a stern voice, "NO. Go and find somewhere else to play. Do not meddle in my business."