Chapter 8

I want to thank everyone so much for the comments on chapter 7! To be honest, I don't feel like continuing but when everyone was eagerly waiting for the next chapter, it motivates me to continue! So here it is! I hope you enjoyed reading it~! /(;7;)\

================================

Who would have thought the Emperor suddenly changed his mind? Everyone in that hall stared at the fake concubine in astonishment, could not believe their ears to hear the astounding monarch demanded the clumsy concubine to accompany him for the night after he caught her in the most disgraceful demeanour earlier.

The Emperor's words were absolute.

Ruolan can simply not decline it just because he does not want to do it, but even if he does, he was only seeking for death. Sigh, speaking of death, were the path he was walking now not the road to the hell's gate, the Emperor's chamber?

His forehead poured with sweats and his face already lost its colour when they left the hall. Ah, it seemed like the saying "even if you stay safe in your house and kept the door locked, the calamity will still fall upon you without fail" was true after all. Not to mention, he did not forget to take a glance to the ladies in his surrounding, judging from the way those women stared at him, especially those two concubines whom were suppose to accompany the Emperor, Ruolan knew well that he just made lots of enemies this time... Even though it was not his purpose. Aii... Women's greatest enemy were women themselves...

After a few minutes of walking, they finally arrived at the Emperor's chamber. The room was large, yet it only has few decorations. It looked empty. It has been said that His Majesty has lots of rooms in the palace so the room must been rarely use which was why the place looked a bit deserted.

Ruolan gulped, the butterflies in his stomach started to dance, throbbing him with nervousness when those servants went out and closed the door, leaving only Xuan Yu and him alone in the huge room. He stared at the other man went towards the bed and lay on his side, his chin rested on his knuckle and with the solemn expression he bore in his face, he said: "Entertain me."

Huh? E-entertain him? Ruolan stared at the man before him with a blank and confuse face; he noticed Xuan Yu's expression was calm and not the kind of face inviting someone to his bed... But held many unrevealed intentions to him, what was the man up to?

The Emperor thought that she was rather slow upon seeing her blurry expression, Xuan Yu could not help but to frown. "Do not keep me waiting."

Ruolan panicked then knelt down, his body was shaking greatly like a leaf when he saw that cold and frightening face. "Ahh, Concubine Shu has just come out an idea on what she should do to entertain His Majesty!" After saying these words, Ruolan immediately wracked out his brain while his eyes secretly glanced around the room to find anything that could be use to entertain the Emperor. However, with the fewer things in that room, was there anything that could please Xuan Yu?

While searching, his eyes suddenly spotted the vase of orchids placed over the window and the calligraphic painting hung on the wall, Ruolan's mind instantly flashed an idea out of the stuffs he just saw. Xuan Yu was a royal, so he thought that royalties must had loved art and literature so much. Not only that, he could buy some time to distract Xuan Yu and think of a way to escape from the chamber before he could even laid a finger on him. Ruolan smiled at the Emperor and said in a cheerful demeanour rang with confident tone in his voice. "Your concubine will do His Majesty a poem!"

Xuan Yu stared at her in surprise; he did not expect for her to do poetry since normally any women would already jump onto him and begin their 'move' to bring the Emperor into the seventh heaven. It was unpredictable yet he did not decline the offer. Curious. How will this concubine of his going to entertain him with her poem even though Xuan Yu was not really in a mood for such thing at the moment.