Chapter 2

Picture of Maddie's civic ^^^

"It's about time!" Kylee said to me as she hopped in the front seat of my beat up Civic I had saved money for years ago. Luke got in the back seat next to Johnny and closed the door. I pulled out of the curb and waved to Mrs. Knight, who was standing at their front door. She blew us all a kiss and then walked back inside.

"Mom and I had to listen to Luke talking about the LEGO movie for the last half hour. Most of that time was used by him singing the "Everything is Awesome!" song. I think 85% of my brain cells died." Kylee said dramatically, rolling her eyes and leaning back against the seat. I laughed at my over dramatic friend and turned out of their driveway, headed towards the boys' school, Lincoln Elementary.

"I'm pretty sure that only happens with Spongebob," I replied, not taking my eyes off the road.

"Then you my friend, have not heard a 7-year-old energetic boy scream it at the top of his lungs while running around the yard," Kylee smirked, glancing back at the boys. They hadn't even noticed, they were too engrossed in their game boys.

"Yikes," I said with sympathy. Luke could get a sugar rush from almost anything and no one can guarantee his actions.

"Hey tonight J and I are having a movie night. Dad's not coming home. You and Luke want to join? You can both sleep over."I said to her, remembering my earlier conversation with Johnny.

This finally got the boys attention and they immediately started jumping up and down in their seats.

"DOUBLE SLEEPOVER!!" they said in unison, grinning from ear to ear.

"Is there pizza involved?" Kylee questioned, a smirk playing on her lips. "Momma need her Friday Food."

"It wouldn't be a Greggor sleepover without it, Ky," I said in reply, using the name for our sleepovers. Really it's just our last name but the Johnny thought it should have an official title.

Stopping at a red light, I glanced back at the boys, engrossed in their Mario Karts.

"You guys will have to be thinking about some movies, okay?"

They both shook their heads, not looking up from the device.

I shook my head in amusement and turned back around.

<><><>

By the time we had dropped the boys off and gotten to Lincoln High, it was almost eight.

"Hurry, there's a parking spot there!" Kylee instructed me, pointing to a spot about six cars away. I quickly pulled into the parking lot and rushed over. Just as we pulled into the space, I could hear the warning bells ringing.

"Darn that lady and her dog!"I spat in annoyance. A woman was crossing the sidewalk during a green light and the Chihuahua she had with her was refusing to move.

"If a dog's that small, just pick it up!" Kylee agreed as we ran towards the front doors.

We quickly ran to our lockers and picked up our books

"See you later!" she called as she ran down the now empty hallway.

"See-" My goodbye was cut off as I ran into something, or someone. Hard.

I fell to the ground and dropped my things.

"Ouch!" I said, looking up at the person currently blocking my way. Dread filled my stomach as I saw the last person I wanted to see.