Chapter 3

Pepper's heels echo as she strolls to the door. I tense up and my hands turn sweaty as my heart starts to race. What if she hates me? What if she doesnt want me here?

"Skye, go downstairs and sit on the stairs." He orders, pushing me on the back gently. I stroll down the glass steps until i reach a glass door with a lock screen to the side. I notice the fingerprints and quickly figure out the code. I gently push the door open and gasp.

To the left is a small kitchen with portraits of Iron Man hung up and another huge fridge. The wall opposite is blocked by lots of cars. Old mini's, porsches, ferrari's, BMW's in different shades of colours. To the right are Iron Man suits, the suits i have read about so much. I step forward towards the massive blue computer screen, Jarvis.

"Hello, Jarvis." I mumble.

"Hello, Miss Skye." Jarvis bellows. I touch the blue screen and it instabtly lights up with designs of Iron Man, War Machine suits and arc reactors. I slide across each suit design and it appears by my side.

"Wow. Cool." I shout as my voice echoes around the room. Jarvis is just like the one i produced at home! I open up the iternal database and search through all the codes.

"What are you doing?" My dad asks, racing down the stairs.

"Examining Jarvis' internal database."

"How did you get in?" He quizes, as he enters the password.

"You should really wear gloves when putting a password onto a scre-"

"You have a daughter!" Pepper shouts, her voice high and confident. She appears at the top of the stairs, in a black dress and high heels, her hair showering her face.

"Hi." I mutter. Pepper stops at the bottom of the glass stairs and looks me up and down. My dad walks towards me, watching the screen.

"You know how to use Jarvis. How?"

"I built a computer like Jarvis. It didnt go well." I admit, looking at the ground.

"What?"

"I nearlly blew up the flat. I didnt configure the database properly." I explain, smiling slightly and my dads reaction. His face stiff with shock at my knowledge.

"I dont want another Tony." Pepper whispers.

"You love me really, Pepper." He points out, exiting the database. I stand in front of the computer Iron Man suit and start to zoom in.

"You can easily improve this." I point out.

"I'm listening."

I move the missiles and guns around and out of the picture.

"If you used a circle cilinder instead of this, the suit would be lighter but stronger." I point out as i take out the old cilinder and draw in a circle cilinder.

"Yes but there would be lots of extra space." He argues, pointing.

"You could put extra missiles and weapons in and it would use more extra energy."

"Oh no." Pepper mumbles, we turn around and look at her.

"Tony, i cant do this." She admits and marches out.

"Pepper!" He shouts after her, following her footsteps. I ruined it again. Why?

"Hello Miss Stark." Jarvis interupts my thoughts.

"Yeah, hi." I mumble as i exit the improved suit and sit on the floor, wrapping my arms around my legs. I hear hushed voices upstairs and my mind starts to race. Suddenly a robot arm appears at my side with a D hat, it's claws turning from side to side like a head.

"Hello." I whisper. It replies with a robotic click and nudges me like a puppy. I reach and take off his D hat.

"Have you done something bad?" I ask, it hangs its claw with shame. I laugh out loud.

A few days ago i was sleeping at the airport, an orphan. Now im at a billionaires house who builds robots with emotions, with a dad. My life has flipped upside down.

"Skye, come here please." My dad shouts. I stand up, placing the hat back on the robot and walk up the stairs.

Pepper is stood, arms crossed with a angry expression on her face.

"Skye, I'll show you, your room." He offers, picking my bag up from the door and leading the way.

"Pepper, im sorry. Ive ruined everything and all i wanted to do was find my dad. I am really sorry." I aplogise.

"Its okay. Tony told me everything." She explains, uncrossing her arms.

"Skye." Dad yells from across the room. I follow him through glass hallways until he stops at a wooden door.

In the middle is a giant four poster double bed with blue checked covers and a brown bear in between the pillows. To the left is a closed door and an ajar door showing a bathroom and shower, to the right by the door is a computer screen covering the entire wall. My feet stick to the floor and i am unable to move, my mind racing and how beautiful everything is. I finally walk to the closed door on the left and reveal the walk in wardrobe, how will i fill this? The only things in my rucksack is a sleeping bag, a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, a few pairs of socks and some underwear.

"How much stuff do you think i have?" I ask.

"This is one of the geust rooms. Pepper used to sleep in here." He explains. I close the door and walk over to the computer.

"Is this Jarvis?"

"Yes, hes there if you need anything."

"Hello, Miss Stark." Jarvis lights up.

"Wow."

"Do you need to know how to work the shower?"

"Yes, please." He drops my bag on the bed and i follow him into the bathroom.

"Ive never had a shower." I point out.

"You are kidding?" He asks, hiding a smile

"No." I mumble.

"Dont worry."

"Pepper doesnt like me, does she?" I daringly ask.

"Its just awkward, for everyone. Me and you will get on easily though, kiddo."

"Like a house on fire." I quote.

"No. I love this house, its already been on fire once." He laughs and i join in.