Chapter 6

My head pounds against my skull like a drum, my ankle burns and my body aches all over. The painkillers are wearing off. I sit up, noticing the painkillers and glass of water on the bedside table, i take them and start to get up. The pain shoots through my ankle like electric shocks, i stumble into the living room, using the walls to hold me up. No one is around, i go to the kitchen and quickly make a chocolate spread sandwhich, then i notice the clock. 12:15. I slept all day? I start towards the stairs to the basement, stopping for a few seconds on each step trying to be quiet.

"Pepper?" Dad asks, looking up from his work.

"No, its Skye." I mumble, stumbling into the room.

"Skye? You should be in bed, what are you doing up?"

"I was hungry." I innocently admit, eating my chocolate sandwhich.

Dad leans his head on his hand, exhausted. I notice that on the screen are lots of pictures of schools and their websites.

"Are you looking for a school for me?" I ask, sitting on the edge of the desk, taking the weight of my ankle.

"Yes and it is so hard. I want you to go to one near but not somewhere that everyone knows who you are."

"I dont want to be labeled." I whisper.

"I know, but you get used to it. Just try not to hit any reporters or photogrophers."He laughs.

"What was your dad like with it?" I ask, looking up at him. His body tenses and guilt rushes into me.

"Sorry. Forget i asked."

"No, its fine. He always showed off for the camera, giving me hugs. But when the cameras were off he didnt even give me a second glance, always yelled at me for getting in the way." Dad explains, his shoulders untensing.

"He sounds nice." I sarcastically mumble.

"You should be resting." He points out, looking at my ankle.

"Im not tired. Ive slept the whole day anyway." I defend. Out of the corner of my eye i notice a pile of red and gold metal, the Iron Man suit i crashed in.

"What did you to the suit?" I ask, trying to hide the guilt that rushes through me.

"It was terrible, i need to improve it so it doesnt attract to you. Oh, i found you a school. Jarvis show me the Harnton School."

The screen changes quickly, showing photos of a bright normal school with teenagers running across the field and hanging out with friends. The school looks like my old school that i hardly went to, i smile.

"What are the computers like?" I ask.

"Nothing compared to how awesome my Jarvis is."

"Jarvis doesnt like me." I moan.

"Yes, he does. You just have to bond with him." Dad explains.

"Okay, i'll try it." I reply, limping away and back into my bedroom. I pull up a desk chair in front of the computer.

"Jarvis, show me the suit designs." I demand. They appear on the screen in great detail.

I zoom into the arc reactor and alter it so the suit wouldnt it to power up, then i alter the size to fit me and change the colour. After an hour i sit back, smiling at my work. A beautiful blue and silver suit with improved weaponary and better flight control. My own Iron Man suit.

--------------------------------------------------sorry this was short. But i will definately write more tonight.