Chapter 13

As i stroll to maths i feel a hand grasp my wrist and i stop abruptly in the corridor. I face him and sigh. Jacob.

"You are a sick lier." He hisses.

"I swear i am not lying." I reply.

"Don't try to wriggle out of this." He spits, smirking.

"Jacob, you're hurting me." I admit as i try to wriggle free of his grip but he tightens.

"Good. You deserve it." He replies, pulling away suddenly and matching off. I sigh and try to rub the red mark on my wrist away.

The day goes by quickly, i spend my breaks in the Library, but Im relieved when the bell goes. I race to the car and jump in.

"How was school?"

"It was alright." I lie, i couldn't concentrate on anything but Jacob, about how he has gone from being my friend to being my bully.

"Are you seeing Zeke tonight?"

"Yes, for dinner."

"Cool." He says through gritted teeth.

"What do you have against Zeke?" I question, looking up at him as he stares straight at the road.

"I don't have anything against him. I just dont want you to get hurt." He admits, but i decide to dig a little deeper.

"You hurt me, the day we met." I whisper.

"I was shocked, okay. But you've been with me for a month now and we've bonded. Haven't we?" He asks, glancing at me.

"Yes." I admit.

We reach home and i run to my room to do my homework and then i start to get ready. I shower, put on my black dress and make up. Then i put on my black high heels and pin up my midnight black hair. Suddenly my phone vibrates.

"I'll pick you up at seven." Zeke's text says. I grab my phone and stand near the door.

"Ooh, another date?" Pepper asks as she strolls over to me, smiling.

"Yeah. I told him i was paying though."

"That's not a date if you're paying." She points out.

"Really? I didn't know that." I admit.

I keep checking my phone and he's already 10 minutes late.

"Maybe he's stuck in traffic." Pepper suggests. My dad stomps along the hallway and into the living room, proud in his red Iron Man suit and drinking scotch as usual.

"Why are you wearing that?"

"It suits me." He announces, pushing his glowing chest out in emphasis.

"But it doesn't suit the living room." Pepper points out.

The sun shines through the door and onto his suit, reflecting it to my eye. I open the door and sit on the steps, loving the sun on my arms. I hear Pepper and dad whispering behind me.

After an hour, my heart starts to sink. He's not coming. The boy i had my first kiss with, just the other night, has stood me up. I sigh out loud and keep staring at the sun. My dad comes to sit next to me on the steps,now out of his Iron Man suit, looking over the cliff.

"He's not coming, is he?" I ask, fighting back the tears.

"I don't know." He admits, shaking his head.

"I thought he was special, i love him." I whisper, bowing my head.

"Wow...That's um... nice."

"You are nothing like you pretend to be."I announce.

"Im going to see the Avengers, do you want to come?" Dad asks.

"Yes, please. I'll just get changed." I mutter as i stand up, go to my room and change into jeans and top.

I meet my dad at his blue BMW and he drives to the Avengers tower. The tower is about 20 storeys high with glass windows showing the advanced computers. Dad scans his card, goes into the elevator and up to Nick Fury's floor. He stands at the door, hands on hips and eye hidden behind a patch, like a pirate. I hide my smile and follow dad in.

"Stark, we have a hacker. They're trying to get into the four safes with the memory stick."He explains.

I brush past him, pushing a man on an office chair away from his computer. The screen flashes blue and white, I open the internal database, send a virus to the hacker and gradually the screen calms down and then stops altogether.

"Done." I point out, spinning around to face Fury and smile.

"How?" He asks.

"Im just clever." I boast. My dad whispers to Fury and they walk out. Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and Bruce all follow.

"The hacker is in California."I explain to the man i pushed out the way.

"Im Agent Phil."He introduces.

"Skye Stark."

The Avengers march out of the room and all give me sympathetic looks. He told them. My dad told them i had been stood up. The anger builds up inside me like lava and i can't take it, i march out and into the elevator.

"Skye!" Dad shouts after me, trying to reach the elevator door before it closes but fails. The elevator races down and i march out into the cool night breeze.

"Skye." I hear the deep voice and turn to see Thor.

"Why did he have to tell you all. Why?" I rant, tears streaming my cheeks. The anger and disappointment spreads through me so much Im scared i might explode.

"Skye, your eyes have changed colour." He points out, taking a step back.

"What?"

"They've gone bright blue."