Chapter 4

"We'll have to get you into a new school." Dad points out, he pulls out s saucepan and I sit on the stool at the breakfast bar opposite the cooker.

"Everyday?"

"Yeah. A private school."

"No. I want to go to a public school, please."

"Why?"

"No offence, but i dont want to be a snobby person. Plus i know most things anyway. What are you cooking?" I ask as the smell fills my nose.

"Bacon."

"Never had it." I point out, standing up on the stool to see.

" 'I know most things' you just said." Dad teases. He places thw brown crispy meat on a plate and slides it over to me.

"Tony, have you improved the missile for the launch party next week?" Pepper asks as she strolls in, holding a blue electronic tablet.

"Pepper you know me. I dont do things when im told. I do them when i want to." He points out, smiling and leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Tony, it has to be done by today. James is picking it up later."

"The real thing or the prototype?" He teases.

"Prototype. Please just get it done." Pepper begs.

"Fine. Skye can help me."

"I can?" I ask, standing up and putting my plate in the dish washer.

I spend the next couple of hours helping my dad build his new weapon and getting to know him.

"I forgot to ask. Why does the robot have a D hat on?" I ask, pointing to the robot arm that sits in the corner, obviously in a time out.

"He's stupid, he cant do anything right." He mumbles.

"Oh. What are you going to call this missile?"

"I dont know. I have to think of one before the launch party."

"What about Sky, without the e." I suggest.

"Sounds good. You will be a hit at the launch party."

I hear heels coming down the stairs and Pepper unlocks the door.

"Im going shopping, is there anything you need?" She asks, smiling at the fact we have improved the missile.

"Skye needs clothes."

"What size?" She asks, looking at me.

"Um...I dont know."

"You should go with Pepper." Dad suggests.

"Is that okay?" I ask.

"Of course."

Ive never been shopping properly, ive never had the money. But these shops were so expensive, £50 for a t-shirt? I came back with 13 t-shirt and tops with stripes, flowers, landscapes and plain designs. I also got 8 pairs of jeans, 7 skirts and 5 pairs of shorts. Also, 3 dresses, trainers and pumps. Pepper helped pick me out matching outfits. I also got a beautiful dress for dads launch party next week.

I run in home, my arms filled with plastic bags and dad no where. I stroll into my room and empty the bags into my wardrobe.

"Skye!" Dad yells, i race out into the living room.

"Jarvis, where is my dad?" I ask, staring up at the ceiling.

"Basement, Miss Stark."

"Thank you." I run down the stairs, enter the passcode and see my dad sat at his desk, argueing with one of his robotic arms.

"How was shopping?" He asks, wriggiling the Iron Man suit arm attached to his arm.

"I got loads of clothes, everything was so expensive though." I point out.

"Skye, your dad is a billionaire." He anounces, smirking.

"And a genius, its in our genes." I laugh.

"Can you get this screw out please." I walk over and take the screw from the robotic arm and attempt to take the screw out of Iron Mans suit arm. Suddenly, i hear a knock on the door. Lieutenant James Rhodes is stood in the doorway, staring at us. Finally, i pull out the screw and pass it to him.

"The missile prototype is behind me." He explains, nodding backwards.

"Good, Tony. You got it done on time."

"I always get it done on time." Dad argues, laughing to himself.

*

The waves crash against the cliff, i dangle my feet over the edges watching the ripples. My dad appears at my side, his t-shirt and jeans so simple yet stylish, his arc reactor shining through.

"You didnt tell me what happened to your Jarvis, how did it blow up?" He asks, leaning back on his hands.

"I made one like Jarvis, i called him Josephine." I mumble

"Him?"

"He was called Joseph but i called him Josephine, he got so annoyed. He kind of blew up." I explain. Dad erupts into laughter, hard to hear over the crashing waves.

"Your computer commited suicide?"

"Sort of."

"Promise you wont do that to Jarvis."

"I promise. I had the equation wrong anyway."

"Feel free to upgrade the Jarvis in your room, but if it blows up, you will have to make it again."

"I should probably go to bed now." I anounces as i stand up.

"Did you eat out?" Dad asks.

"Yes, it was delicious." I smile.

"Goodnight, kiddo."

"Goodnight Dad." I whisper, i see him tense.

"Sorry. Too soon?" I ask.

"No, i will have to get used to it."

I stroll to my room, change into my pyjammas and brush my teeth then climb into bed. I toss and turn for hours, trying desperatly to fall asleep, trying but failing. I sit up and wrap the duvet around me. All the lights are off and the house is silent.

"Jarvis, turn on but be quiet." I whisper.

"Yes Miss Stark."

"I want to see the galaxy and the stars." I ask. The screen lights up with multiple photos of stars and space.

"Project it onto the ceiling."

The stars travel across the screen and onto the ceiling, each star brighter then the other. I lay on my back, putting my hands behind my head and staring up at the stars. I see the brightest one and squint to see it.

"My new home is awesome." I whisper.