Chapter 7

* a few days later

"You need to pull your skirt up a little." Pepper demands. Standing in front of me, looking me up and down in my new school uniform. My ankle still throbs and the cut on my forehead is covered up with make up.

The school uniform is a box pleat skirt, tights, polo shirt and a red cardigan. I also have mascara and eye liner on for the first time ever. My dad is packing my lunch while Pepper is checking i look smart.

"Up?" I ask, shocked. I hate skirts and this one is already shorter then i like it.

"Fine have it down. Having it up is the fashion." She sulks, passing me my blue flowery rucksack.

"Dad, can you promise me something?"

"Depends what it is." He slowly replies, passing my lunch box.

"Promise me that you will never pick me up from the school gates in one of your cars."

"Okay. I understand."

I grab everything and stroll to the basement to wait by a car. My dad follows me and then hands me a phone.

"Dont lose it." He warns.

"Did you make it?"

"Yes, it is equipped with Jarvis." I smile and climb into the car.

When we nearly reach the school, my dad stops a few minutes walk away.

"Are you sure you dont want me coming in?"

"Yes. I have to go see the head master first." I point out.

"Good luck."

"Thanks." I mumble as i climb out of the car and down the empty road. When i reach school, lots of teenagers turn to stare at me, judging. I calmly stroll through the gates and into the car park. I reach the front office and press the buzzer, then i walk in and up to the window, where a middle aged blonde woman is stood.

"Im Skye, i'm new." I whisper.

"Okay, be back in a minute." She dissapears leaving me in the room. In front of me is a three seat cream sofa and above is the schools motto "Indivigual minds, working as one." To the right are photos of students playing sports, this is a very sporty school.

The door opens and a tall, black haired, wrinkly man wearing glasses and smiling.

"Good Morning Skye." He anounces.

"Good morning." I mumble, holding my backpack straps. He leads the way to his plain office. He sits behind the desk and i sit opposite.

"I am Mr. Tennan, the head teacher. We know your situation and i have not shared that with any teacher or student."

"Thank you."

"However, if you are in any media it will reflect badly on the school."

"Okay, i understand." I answer, smiling and nodding.

"Right, well. You have started the year at an awkward time. Halfway through year 10, we have your choices that you chose in your old school. Triple Science, DT electronics, Sport Studies and French. Is that correct?" He ask, peering over his round glasses.

"Yes, sir."

"You are already on the system so when you go onto the computer just type in your name."

"Okay, thank you."

Suddenly, the bell rings and it echoes around the school.

"This is your timetable and your planner." Mr Tennan says, handing me a peice of paper and a planner with the school logo on; a single black bird.