Chapter 5

I wake up to the smell of meat cooking. I sit up, still noticing the faint stars on the ceiling.

"Jarvis, turn the stars off please." I ask. The faint stars go away and all that is left is the white ceiling. I wander out of my room and walk to the kitchen, where Pepper is cooking.

"Mmm. That smells nice."I comment, sitting on the stool at the breakfast bar.

"Thanks, its bacon. Do you want some?"

"Yes please."

"And me too!" Dad begs as he races in excitedly and sits on the stool next to me. Pepper finishes cooking and passes us plates, as we eat she leans against the counter and watches us both.

"Whats wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing. You two are so alike." She points out.

I finish, shower and then dress in jeans and a shirt. I then search for my dad in the basement, but he is no where. I stand in front of the wall of suits, all shining under each indivgual spot light. I run my hand across each one, feeling the cool metal under my skin, stopping and the most improved suit. Suddenly the mask disconnects and lands in my hand, heavy and cold. I gently lift it to my face and it shines bright blue. I slide the mask on my face and Jarvis appears, scanning the room for temperature and any trace of chemicals.

"Jarvis, I dont want this mask on." I point out, trying to pull it out off but it sticks like glue. I start to panic, my heart racing.

Suddenly, the whole suit clings to my body expertly like a second skin. The suit adjusts to my small body, each joint moulding into my bone joints. The arc reactor space lighting up on its own accord.

"Jarvis. I want to get out." I demand, wriggiling my fingers in the suit gloves. The power circle in the palm of my hand lights brightly, i push it forward trying to get it off, but instead releases a surge of energy that burns the chair in front of me. Im thrown back against the wooden shelf, pain erupts in my back and i collapse on the floor.

"Jarvis, please get it off." I beg, pain filled tears streaming my face. Glass ornamants crash onto my suit covered head. I stand up on one foot and push off my knee trying to stand up, slipping slightly.

"Pepper!" I shout but my voice comes out as a painful whisper. I push off my hands to stand up but i shoot off the ground, hitting my body against the ceiling and smashing back down through the desk. Glass erupts around me and the pain shoots all over my body, like a thousand knives stabbing me at once. I let out a breathless cough and try to push off the desk that traps my leg.

"Dad." I beg, sobbing through the exceutiating pain. I watch as dust from the ceiling floats down onto the suit. I'm trapped, stuck under a desk in my dad's Iron Man suit, glass cutting my fragile skin. Then the blackless envelops me.

*

"Skye. Skye, can you hear me? Kidddo, i need you to wake up." My dad begs, gently tapping the side of my left cheek.

"Ugh. What?" I groggily ask, looking up at him, my eyes blurry.

He leans over me, pushing the desk off my leg and i have to bite my lip to stop screaming out in pain. He then helps me sit up, grabbing a towel from the kitchen and putting it against my bleeding head.

"Ow." I moan, pulling glass out of my hand.

"What happened?"

"I dont know. The mask came off and then the suit just clung onto me." I admit, sitting up.

"How did you destroy everything?"

"I tried to get it off and everything smashed. Jarvis wouldn't listen to me." I explain.

"Come on, I'll get the suit off." He sugests, clicking his fingers as robot arms appear by his side. Dad places his arms under mine and lifts me up but my ankle burns. I lean my weight off my ankle and onto his shoulder. The arm robots take off every part of the suit, i ignore the pain and he helps me up the stairs. When i reach my room he helps me onto the bed, then grabs water to wash my head and gives me painkillers.

"Promise me that you wont mess with the suits." Dad demands.

"I cant promise that. They are so cool." I point out.

"Skye, please."

"Okay, i promise."

"Tony?" Pepper shouts from somewhere in the house.

"Um... Yes." He shouts back, putting crocidile stitches on my cut.

"What happened?" She asks, appearing at my door.

"It was my fault. I was testing something for the suit and i didnt realise Skye was there." Dad lies, winking at me.

"Tony, can i talk to you please?"

"Sure. Skye your ankle isnt broken, its just a sprain, okay." He reassures.

"Thank you." I mumble.

He strolls out, taking the bucket of water with him and winking as he left, but not closing the door.

"Tony, what are you doing?" Pepper hisses.

"It was an accident." He defends.

"Tony, you have a daughter now, dont put her in danger."

My eyelids start to flicker and the painkillers start to kick in, making my ankle go numb.