Chapter 9

"Speak into this, and listen to this." Dad explains, pointing to the microphone and headphones.

"Dad, i know how to work this." I point out. I turn on Jarvis and open the map of the office.

"All of this for a stupid memory stick." He complains, putting on his new and improved Iron Man suit.

"But like Fury said yesterday, it is an important memory stick with all superheros weaknesses on." I point out.

"In the wrong hands someone could build a monster." He points out, putting on the suit mask.

"Jarvis, hook me up with Skye's communicator." He orders. A screen appears above my left eye with his face on.

"Hi!" I excitedly say.

"Hey Kiddo." He smiles back.

"Sir, the Avengers are here." Jarvis announces.

"Come downstairs." He shouts. They start to come down the stairs and i unlock the door.

"Hey, guys." I say.

"I bought the paper." Captain says as he goes to pass the paper to me. My dad jumps in, takes it and throws it across the room.

"Why?" I mumble.

"We don't have papers in this house." He orders.

"Okay." I mutter.

"Skye, what are you wearing?" Captain asks.

"It's a communicator. I can talk to my dad and tell you where to go to get the memory stick." I explain.

I search through the map of the house and find the entrance.

"You need to enter through here, i can disable the alarm. Its night, so no one should be moving around." I explain, pointing to the map on Jarvis. "Then i will tell you where to go from there."

"Okay, be careful." My dad warns.

"I always am." I tease.

They walk upstairs and out of the house. I stroll across the room and pick up the newspaper. "Stark has a daughter" is the front cover, bold and black, with a photo of me, Pepper and dad. I read on but suddenly my dad pops up on the communicater.

"Kiddo, we're here." He announces.

I put the paper down and turn to Jarvis.

"Jarvis, show me the security database." I demand, it shows up and i hack into it using a virus. I turn off the alarms and lasers.

"You should be able to get in now." I point out.

"We're going in."

I hear the footsteps and watch his head move in the camera as he walks. I map out a route to the office and give directions.

"Go left, then left again." I direct.

"Skye, we're going round in circles."

"Trust me."

Suddenly, i hear glass smashing upstairs.

"I think someone's in the house." I admit. My hands start to shake.

"Skye, stay calm. Take the baseball bat that is by the door." Dad orders. I find the baseball bat and start to step up the glass stairs, trying to be as quiet as possible.

"Skye, don't go up there. Stay in the basement and Im on my way."

I reach the top of the stairs, bat up and ready to fight. I notice a tall figure wearing black with his hood up.

"Jarvis, don't you have a theif protocol or something?" I whisper.

The figure spins around, smirking and i raise the bat.

"Who are you?" I ask, my heart racing and my hands going clammy.

"Skye, don't do anything!" My dad shouts into my ear.

"I am looking for Mr Stark. But i know isn't here." The man teases, his eyes shining murderously.

"Then why are you looking for him here?" I quiz.

"He's at the office, finding a memory stick that i have been searching for." He explains, stepping towards me.

"Don't move." I threat, pointing the bat at him. He steps forward one more time.

I swing the bat at him, but he ducks and kicks my feet, making me fall to the ground.

"Ow." I whine, trying to get up but he slams his foot on my head. I wriggle against it.

"You didn't answer my question. Who are you?" I ask. He kicks me in the nose and blood bursts down my clothes.

"Please." I beg. He pulls off my communicater and kicks me in the stomach, the pain erupts inside me and i cough out the blood.

"If you ever want to see your precious daughter alive, i suggest you get here straight away." He hisses into the microphone.

He grabs my hands and ties them behind my back with string, making me sit up on my knees.

"What do you want?" I ask, spitting out deep red blood with each word.

"I want the memory stick."

"I don't have it." I whisper, my head dizzy from loss of blood, the room spinning and going blurry.

There's a knock at the door, i look up.

"Come in." The man shouts. The door opens and i gasp. Zeke. He freezes on the spot, his eyes widening in shock.

"Who are you?" The man asks.

"I'm-I'm. umm.. I'm Zeke." He stutters.

The man pulls something out of his pocket, but i don't know what it is until it's pointed at my head. The black cool metal that in a second could kill me.

"I don't know how you people can be allowed to carry a gun." I point out, he replies hitting me with the gun against my head. I gasp, fighting the pain and refusing to give in.

The pain erupts like a volcano and i feel like Im going to pass out.

"Don't!" Zeke shouts, leaning out a hand.

"Where are your special Avengers?" The man asks.

"I'd never tell you. Never, ever." I refuse.

I hear clanking metal footsteps walking down the drive way, my dad has arrived. He appears behind Zeke, placing his hand on Zeke's shoulder.

"Hello, Mr Stark." The man says, smirking and pointing the gun harder to my head.

"Hey, dad." I whisper, a tear tinkling down my cheek, mixing the blood down onto my lip.

"I've got it. I've got the memory stick." Dad points out, taking his mask off and throwing it to the side.

"Good, give it to me." He demands, stepping forward and putting his free hand out.

"No." I mutter.

He steps forward again, trying to get the memory stick. I swing my legs against the man and he falls to the floor, i kick his gun away and dad picks it up, pointing it to him. Dad pulls the string off my hands and i race over to the sink to vomit, most of it blood red. The room spins around me as i grab the sink to stand up. The room turns black as the pain takes over.