Chapter thirteen.

It's now the day after I had received the note from Tamaki and I had not looked or walked towards his way. But I did walk towards Tsubaki by lunch and when I told her about the note I got from Tamaki, she went nuts.

   "You did what?!" she shouted at me in the hallway. "E-eh Tsubaki could you please keep it down? Everybody's watching us." I said with an embarrassing face. "I don't care! Let them hear it!" she continued. She was furious at me. "What did the note say?" She crossed her arms over her chest and waited for my answer but all that came out were just mumbling noises. She sighed, took my arm and dragged me to the bathroom. "Tsubaki! Hold on! I-I-I can't walk that fast." I stumbled. "You just have to." she said, not slowing down. When we came to the bathroom she locked the door behind us and stopped in front of me with her arms crossed over her chest. She was still mad at me. "L-look, I-I can explain everythi-"

   "Then do." she said. I sighed.  "I-I-I don't know what to say... You already know everything about what happened, so what do you want me to say, Tsubaki? There's nothing more for you to know, you know exactly everything about the situation. So really the question is; what do you want me to say, huh? That, that, that I like him? That I want to be with him and forget about everything that he did to me after I told him my biggest secret that I've only told you and mom about?" I was out of breath. It felt like I soon was about to cry. "Look. If you want to scold me then please go ahead! I have nothing else to lose if it's not you." Tears started to swell up in my eyes and one even went down my cheek. Wasn't she going to say anything?

   She walked a couple of steps to me and embraced me in a hug. I was shocked. Why was she hugging me? Wasn't she mad at me? Why? "That's enough." she said calmly and quietly. My heart burst and I started to cry to her shoulder. "You've been through enough with that guy. You should just have to let it go and not think about him anymore. He's hurt you too much during this short time. It's not fair. I don't want anyone to make you cry, especially not him." she said calmly to me as I continued to cry.

   We were gone for almost 30 minutes. Our lunch break was almost over and my eyes were still red from all the crying. "You want something from the cafeteria before we go to class?" Tsubaki asked me as she was about to take off. "No, I'm good. Thanks." I said and smiled as I walked to class. "I'll soon be back. Go to class and tell Mr. Wontoma I'll be back in a minute, okay?" she smiled. I nodded and walked to my locker, took my books and walked to class. People looked at me strangely like they've never seen a girl with red eyes before. I ignored them and took a seat in the back. Class started and Tsubaki rushed in to the classroom just as our Sensei appeared. Tsubaki bowed and apologized herself and took a seat. "Everyone, I'd like you to welcome your new classmate who just transferred here from France. Why don't you introduce yourself, student?" Mr. Wontoma said to us and made a gesture towards the door where a strong, tall, good-looking guy walked in with short blonde hair and brown eyes. Every girl in the room dropped their yaw and started drooling all over him. Even I had trouble not taking my eyes off him. "Hello. My name is Ushio Makoto, it's nice to meet all of you. Please take care of me." he said and bowed. The girls went crazy and asked him to sit next to them. Sensei cleared his throat and asked everyone to be quiet. "Well, please take a seat in the back. I'm sure Ms. Teru has no problem sitting next to you." he said and pointed at me. I looked at the new guy and made a quick smile to seem polite when he came to my bench and sat down. All the other girls were jealous of me sitting next to the new guy, Ushio Makoto. But I didn't care about that for the moment. I just wanted this class to end so I could go back home and not think about Tamaki and more about my homework.

   When class ended all the girls went straight to my bench and they asked all sorts of things to the new guy and I'm sure he answered every question as well. All the guys were standing on the other side of the classroom looking all gloomy and depressed.

   I got up from my seat and looked at the clock. 4:32pm. Just enough of time for me to go to the bus without running. Perfect. I took my stuff and went for the lockers. No one was there and it made me kind of relieved. I just wanted to be alone for a while right now. I had taken on my scarf and jacket - since it was kind of cold - and walked out of school in peace and quiet.

   After half the way to the bus I heard someone running behind me. "E-excuse me!" I turned around and saw the new guy, Ushio Makoto, trying to catch up to me. I stopped and looked at him, confused. He stopped in front of me and took a second to catch his own breath. "Could you please tell me the way to the busstation? I'm kind of new to this area." he said kindly. I wouldn't talk to him so I just turned around and made a gesture with my hand for him to follow me. I was going to the busstation anyway so I had no problem showing him the way, that's the best thing I could do to the new guy, right?

   We walked in silence and it was nice. It wasn't awkward and it didn't feel like we had to talk. It was nice and quiet. When we got to the busstation I pointed at the register and looked questionable to him. "O-oh! Right, I'm going to take bus...eh...bus 51 I think." he said and pointed to the area where he lived. I nodded and gave him a small and quick smile. I saw my bus come and pointed at it and waved 'goodbye' to him. He smiled back and walked to his own bus.

   When I sat on the bus I kept thinking to myself; What's the matter with that guy? Any other person would think I'd be crazy or weird for not talking. A lot of people thought so - except Tsubaki, but she knew everything about me so it's not weird for her to see me quiet - but why didn't the new guy think so? Or at least act like I was crazy like everyone else? There was something about him that I didn't quite understood. And I didn't like it.

   I came home after 40 minutes on the bus and saw mom standing by the kitchen entrance. "I'm home." I said as I took off my shoes and jacket. "Hi mom. What's the matter?" I asked. She looked worried. "Wh-what have happened?" She scared me. She only had that face if something bad is happening or if someone she knows is really sick - like with dad.

   "Why haven't you told me that one of your friends would come here? Why didn't you tell me you had made a new friend?" she said and came over to me with her apron on. She was making dinner. "What did you say? I-is someone here? Someone from my school?" I asked nervously. Who could it be? "Yes! Why didn't you tell me a boy would come over? Is he your boyfriend?" she asked, very curious. "Who is it?!" I asked out of patience. Who was it? Was someone here to mock me and say stupid things to me? "I can't really remember his name but I think it was Tamake or something. Blonde hair, purple eyes, very handsome boy." she said and smiled with her entire face. My eyes went big and I think I was in shock. "Tamaki Suoh?" I asked with a weak voice. My mom nodded eagerly. "Yes! That's the name. Is he your boyfriend?" she asked, still curious about our "relationship". I shook my head. "No. I-I gotta go. I can't be in the house when he's here." I said and put my jacket on as fast as I could. I heard someone come down the stairs and stopped. It was Tamaki.

   I rushed out of the house with only one shoe on my foot and my scarf twisted around my neck. I didn't care I just needed to get out of this house as soon as possible! I heard the door open again and I saw Tamaki running behind me. "Teru, wait!" he shouted after me. "Please let me explain!" he said as he ran after me.

   I ran as fast as I could and I knew there was only one place where I could have control over and it was the ice-skating area. I didn't care what he said, he couldn't stop me now!

   The ice-skating area was just 1 kilometer away from my house so it didn't take me long time to get there. I took out my skates out of my bag quickly and ran out to the ice in just one shoe and one sock. I knew how to take control here. This was my ice. As I was out on the ice I quickly changed into my skates with ease and started to skate away from Tamaki as fast as I could. He was standing where you usually rent the skates but since it wasn't opened for the season yet, no one was here. Only me and Tamaki.

   And now he wouldn't get me.