Chapter 2

"Number 13! Ah, there you are little princess, what's you're name, darling?" soothed my teacher with her gentle voice. "You can call me Mrs Anderson." Staring with my head bowed low and eyes rolled upward to hide my red cheeks, I hesitantly pronounced,"Maleficent." I was finishing up my last syllable when the 5 year old classmates beside me went into an uproar. I felt my cheeks burn up even more as the little devils chuckled and howled like hyenas until Mrs Anderson shushed them.         
From then on, my K3 went as smooth as sandpaper. Every time I raised my hand to ask a question, the kids shouted in unison "PICK MALEFICENT!" Emphasising on 'Maleficent' as if I don't know my own name. Then, surely, the teacher would say "Right, Maleficent, please answer the question." with a horrifying satisfied smile plastered on her face and even more horrifying laughter drowned me I would open my mouth to gulp air into my lungs before I sputtered out answers.
Then one day, I finally told myself that I had had enough of this crap. As people were roaring and the teacher attempted and failed miserably to silence the class of chimps on drugs, i felt my pupils contract and I drove my fist onto the table in front of me as hard as I could, jumped up from my chair and screamed in such a hoarse voice that nobody could make out the words.
I threw my chair aside with such a force that I knocked over the girl called Rose who sat beside me from her chair and onto the floor. I clenched my fists as heads turned and eyes as wide as saucepans followed me as I stormed out of the classroom.
I can still remember the daunting silence I broke with my heavy, angry footsteps, crushing the joy of the 5 year olds that was composed by picking on me. I ran to the girls' bathroom, leaving the screams and screeches of a surprise behind and locked myself away from the beastly world.
Peacefulness took over as I brought my knees up to my chest as I sat on the toilet cover and sobbed my heart out. But good times never lasted for long. I froze instantly and hid my mouth under my hand, muffling my short, unsteady breaths as Mrs Anderson's sounded from outside my bathroom door.
   "Maleficent? I know you're in there. Please come out and tell me what's wrong. Staying inside and keeping your thoughts to yourself will not help at all."
Silence.
"Please?"
Silence.
"Please?"
FINE.
She finally got on my nerves. Slower than a snail inching on dehydrated road, I turned the knob to make sure no sound is loud enough for the monster standing just right on the other side of the bathroom door to hear. Head bowed low, staring at the fancy high-heels Mrs Anderson was wearing which were peeking under the gap under, I flung open the door with the all the energy that could possibly be channeled from my anger, I hit Mrs Anderson's hand which was reaching for the knob. She let out an astonished gasp and quickly examined her smouldering, red palm before cradling it like a newborn-baby.
"Maleficent! What was that for ? I was just trying to help you!"
Narrowed eyes pinned on her, I side-stepped away from her until I reached the doorway.
   "I don't need your help," I warned in a dangerous whispery voice. "You're a monster."
   And I was gone.
   After all that chaos that happened all so quickly in the first term of K3, I convinced my mom that I would not return to that monstrous school where fiendish, demon-possessed souls dwelled. Why would I?