Chapter 3

Naturally, a movie with a same name would turn out to be one's favourite eventually after watching it for numerous times. Or should I put it like: a person who has the same name as a movie would naturally watch that movie for numerous times as it would turn out to be their favourite movie.
By the seventh year of my beastly life, I've watched the movie Maleficent for at least 42 times if not 43 and like I've inherited my mom's obsession, I could feel a very strange connection between me and the fairy who was named Maleficent. Every time my mom had tucked me into bed, I would attempt and fail to avoid the irritating, strange experience I had to go through each time I tried to get some decent rest.
Every time my eyelids drooped to cover my vision, I would see strange creatures fluttering gracefully like butterflies below as I soared through the clear, sapphire blue sky, the wind gently buffeting my hair and sending them into my face, blocking the gorgeous view below. As I climbed and dived through the air, I couldn't help feeling a surge of pride flowing through my veins and powering up the energy in me.
Dropping back down to earth, I would dive for the glistening river that spread out below as if it were a gigantic ribbon waved around by a dancer as graceful as a swan. I would scoop up splashes of refreshing water from the creek with my palm, as golden sun-rays spilt down and wrapped me up in an friendly, aureate blanket.
With all you could imagine was ready and there, nothing could possibly go wrong in the beautiful imaginary world, but as people always say,'nothing is impossible.', as fast as a rocket reaching up to outer space, my eyes would snap open however much I wanted to stay trapped inside my vision.
    I hated this part of my life, I could say, the most. It contrasted with my life way too much than my liking, making me fail to make out the joy of life and so to blame myself for everything that had gone wrong throughout my life.
You should stand up for yourself, Dad would have said. Not shrink away.
"Yes! Dad the almighty! Get this! You are NOT Thoth and you don't know everything! And you certainly do not understand my situation! So shove off!" I had once got so miffed by the thought that I had once shouted out loud, attempting to put the ideation aside, right when I was on the Tube, and at that, befuddled heads turned and shot unfriendly glances at me.
   But a chance had come, I had been so excited for primary school to start so I might have a change in my life, but what I didn't know was that the worse was still ahead of my bowing, unknowing head.