Chapter 14

The consecutive day, I brought a heavy heart to school. I knew that the headmistress would say something to us in assembly, to warn us not to bully or hurt others. And would the bullies stop? I guess not. And that was a very good guess.
"Yesterday, students, I received a complaint from a parent." she announced with a dangerously soft voice.
   "And the name of the girl," she barely breathed.
   A braced myself.
   "She did not say."
   Phew.
   "But I think I remember her face."
Please God, have mercy.
   "And I think she was the parent of..."
Mary Stewart. Just a random name will do. Please.
   "Maleficent Ainsworth."
For a second, I thought that the same chill creep through my skin and I couldn't resist snapping my eyes shut and blocking out the searing glares from outside. My heart was what controlled me, not other people. I couldn't give in to my depressing life just because a few people glanced at me! Just like that I ignored the people outside a kingdom, forcing them back out of my boundaries.
"So, people, stop bullying other people and let others have a good life." she stressed annoyingly.
~~~~~~~~~
After we went through some hymns emotionlessly, the bell, to my joy, rang. What a beautiful sound. When I realised staying inside the hall trapped with a scary headmistress was a better choice than having recess that day when she just mentioned your name in assembly. Especially for a bad reason.
The teacher stepped out of the classroom and the students climbed out their seats.
"Hey, Malefary! Where're you going today? Can I tag along?" Edward taunted.
"Stopit!" Mary fumed. Her face turned bright red and I could imagine boiling gas pairing out her ears, her eyes lighting up with blood-red fire. "We. Are. Not. A. Couple!"
"Oh! No! I didn't mean that! It's just... it's just how you stood for her yesterday touched my heart..." he whined with mock disappointment.
Mary groaned loudly, took my hand and wrenched me from my chair. I was dragged into the hallway and out into the courtyard. To our shock, the gang of bullies followed us right there and taunted us once again.
Ugh. Get out of my life...
"Hello guys! What game are you playing?" Mrs Lucy's charming voice sounded from behind me, her sweet breath flurried through my hair. The tormentors raised their chins and horror was all written across their faces for a second, before they sped away.
   "Thank you, Mrs Lucy!"
   "What? I was just asking what you were playing! Was it really something other than playing? I thought you people were arguing over something. So, what actually happened?"
   I took a deep breath and puffed up my cheeks with words. One, two three! And I blurted out the story of my life, and since I heard Mrs Lucy was pretty trustworthy, I didn't care anymore, who knew my story and who didn't. Someone was there to help me, how great! It took me only about 45 seconds to conclude my life since it was simple, and just full of hatred, not many people showed love to me anyway.
   "Right..." she trailed off as I and Mary looked at her hopefully. "I'll try and help you sort it out." She plastered a fake, wide smile and strolled away. My hope faded into a void of dark dread as I watched her walk further and further away.