Chapter 6

The movie started narrating words I already know so well that I could recite backwards and my mates all quieted down and got immersed into the movie.
   Halfway through the movie, Mother carried a readily cut up cake from the kitchen and set it silently down the the dining table behind the sofa which we crowded on. We were all so indulged that no-one had heard her.
   "Children!"
   We all jumped in unison.
   "If you would like some cake feel free to come round and fetch a piece." Mom offered.
   Oh look! The little beast is about to fall off a cliff!
   "No! Maleficent! Have some mercy..." Benedict breathed with horror written across his face.
   "Hellooo? Children?"
   "Shoosh! Mom!"
   Sigh.
   "And yes we will."
   "Thanks. It will be a waste if none of you are going to move. You baked it yourself."
   As the last sentence hit our ears, we all snapped back to reality and stirred unwillingly,  moaning and trying to get out of the cramped space. We each helped ourselves to a slice of chocolate-chip covered cake and sloppily dropped it onto our own paper plates that were positioned next to the round barrel-shaped cake. Each of us clumsily trudged back to our seats, eyes gawking at the television, crumbs falling to the floor like rain.
   As Maleficent wore on, I realised , not to brag, that my cake was actually pretty good! My friends might also share the opinion because they would occasionally get on their feet, ask their buddy next to them to excuse them for a while, while they asked to the back of the couch and help themselves to another slab of cake.
We present this crown to our little Aurora.
   Without warning, my guts began flipping and blazing with uncivilised flames as acid churned in attempt to dissolve my stomach lining. I frantically tried to urge the pain aside and to get along with it and finish watching the movie. But as if the had a decent, deep talk with God, time crawled and slowed to a stop. Finally, I could hold it no longer. I sprang up and ran to the bathroom, hardly feeling the floor below my undressed feet and trampling over someone's fingers. My vision turned into a red haze as the penny-sized dark hole in the middle of my only remaining vision gradually minimised. The intolerable agony had amplified and was spreading through my chest, arms, legs, neck, sendings the fire within dancing and scalding and scorching into me as if it weren't dire enough.
I smashed into a wall severely as I felt my way into the doorway that now seemed to be barely wide enough for an ant. Crashing into a wall that I knew all along that was there wasn't exactly a commendable experience with blinding, red glow searing your eyes and acid scalding away in your abdomen. As I collapsed onto the floor with renounce, legs splayed and hands pressing onto the floor.
   Concealed tears sprang into my eyes as the eerie glow shifted and from light to dark each nerve-bending second. Muffled shouts echoed as if from far off. Unable to control myself, I felt a sharp jerk in my abs, as I was thrown forward as acid bubbled up my throat and I spat out the flaming stuff, maiming and grunting as I pulled disgusted faces at where I at least think that was the floor.
   Blood red haze retreated from my vision and my hearing returned to normal.
"Maleficent? Your puke is golden."