Chapter 15

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!
Oh shut up will you!
I flinched at the sharp scream of the alarm clock that shook me from my sleep. Dammit. Another day with the pests. I survived a year of bullying and it still wasn't enough joke for whoever was watching over me. How?
I reached for the annoying alarm clock and silenced it by slapping an energy-less wrist on the sleep button. And it fell, landing on the screen. I assume, at least, as I heard a ship crack and glass shattering. I moaned and turned onto my belly, pushing myself upwards, I banged my head on the cupboard above. Damn you bloody cupboard. My hands slipped under me and I fell back onto my soft bed, pondering on what the heck was going on. My eyelids drooped and I fell into the mysterious, mythical world again.
~~~~~
"Mom! What time is it?" I grabbed at my sheets hurriedly and yanked them off me. I must had overslept! The birds were chirping and the sun was a golden disk in the middle of the cloudless sky. I glanced at the spot where my clock used to be before I realised I had stepped on a shard of the broken alarm clock.
I cursed and hopped lopsidedly into the bathroom downstairs. I plopped onto the toilet seat and turned over my foot. Crimson liquid was oozing from the ball of my foot, filling the lines dug into my skin beside the red splotch. I ripped of a price of tissue desperately and pressed it against the pulsing wound. Almost instantly, the blood soaked through it and dyed it a disgusting red colour. I ripped it away and threw it aside, ripping another piece off the roll at the same time. I glanced down and saw...normal skin! What? It was as clear as day that I was bleeding a second ago and then it just...healed? Like nothing ever happened before?
I carefully stood up and transferred my weight onto the "injured" foot and felt nothing. It felt normal, the weight crushing down on my foot, nothing special. What was happening to me? First the cupboard now the foot?
I was baffled, but it couldn't be long, I got school! I ran into the kitchen and found my mom skinning a potato, preparing for her lunch. Calmly too.
"Mom! Aren't you freaked that I'm not at school?" I shouted and grabbed my school bag from under the dining table. She turned around and smiled at me, her eyes glistened under the sunlight, filtering the clear hazelnut-brownness of her eyes.
"No, not at all."
I cocked my head.
"No," she said again. "You're not going there anymore. The people are too vicious. We're moving to Bristol next month. I applied an American school for you over there."
My heart leapt with joy.
"Wait, why exactly do you know what is happening?"
Mother turned back to peeling her potato and acted like our conversation was over. Oh! I suddenly grasped the idea. Mrs Lucy had been spying on me and Mary. She must've notice something strange going on between us.
Then a pang of remorse hit me on the head like a frying-pan. What about Mary? Now I will never have the chance to apologise! I haven't asked for her phone number and I'll be moving in a month's time. Tears gathered at the bottom of my eye and forced its way downwards. What had a done? I was such a horrible friend! Then even Mary who had been so loyal, so caring was gone, out of my life. My life really does hate me. It loathes me.