Chapter 17

I briskly gulped down my breakfast without tasting it and dunked the empty bowl into the dishwasher which I knew I wouldn't be seeing many more times. I glanced at the Sherlock calendar hung on top of the oven as I strolled out of the kitchen into the living room again. Now my mother's canvas caught a likeness of the fiery leaves in the forest in Autumn. Again, my mother spoke, this time facing the painting.
"Done? Now off you go to pack your stuff. "
"How about you? I don't see you packing our stuff. " I rejected.
"Oh. The things that I can pack are already in the garden in brown cardboard boxes. I'm waiting for you to finish up packing so you can help me with those that I can't deal with on my own. "
I nodded my approval and journeyed back through the corridor and up the stairs. A tint of sadness wielded me for a moment as I ascended on the steps. There's still three weeks I could see this house, until then, it's unlikely that see it again. I couldn't believe that my 9 years spent here would only be a memory after three weeks, and three weeks, I realised for the first time, it was an incredibly short time.
                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~