08

*Mia's POV*

"So, you're actually telling me, that you guys hunt vampires?" I asked, pretending to sound almost amused.

Instead of an answer, Edgar grunted and looked behind me. Alan looked behind me as well, making me look too.

I saw Sam standing there. Edgar and Alan walked, following Sam and talking to him. I guess I'm not the only person who they like to interrogate.

---

"Mia," David said, motioning for me to walk over to him.

"What'd you find out?" He asked. I knew automatically that he was talking about Edgar and Alan.

"Nothing really. We already knew they were hunters. Edgar called themselves 'superheroes' and let me help them. They're very secretive..." I explained.

"Find out more. Get them to tell you everything." David said, as if he didn't expect me to.

"Sure thing," I sighed.

---

"Hey," I said, walking into the store.

"Hey Mia," Alan said, generally nice. I smiled.

"You guys ready?" I tried to finish but Edgar started talking.

"Why are you so interested?" He asked.

"You don't trust me?" I asked, a little bit of sarcasm.

"No, actually, I don't. Now answer my question. And not with another question." Edgar said firmly.

"Okay," I sighed. "You really wanna know why?"

They looked at each other, then me. They nodded simultaneously.

"Because I want to know," that made Edgar mad.

"No. Answer my question. Don't just say you want to. How the hell did you know what we do? Why did you always bring that kid in here? And what is your obsession with vampire hunters?" Edgar flipped. He earned a few looks from some people, but he talked pretty quiet, so not a whole lot of people heard.

I honestly didn't have an excuse.

"Edgar," I tried, but Alan cut me off.

"No. Edgar's right. Why are you so interested in us?"

What do I say?

---

Kk, so, tbh I forgot about this book. But anyway, here is another chapter. Don't really know where I'm going with this... anyway, have a good day!

Oh, btw, if you're a Corey Haim fan, check out my other book. (Its a Corey Haim one)