11

"Now will you tell us why you really want to know?" Edgar said, opening the door to the store.

"I want to know because I want to understand." I said, trying to act as normal as possible.

"Why do you want to understand?" Edgar replied. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, here's how this is going to work." I demanded, making Edgar and Alan turn to me. "I stop asking questions -- for a while, that is. And you don't start asking questions. You know why I want to know about this? Because I might know a vampire or two, and I want to protect myself."

It wasn't completely a lie. I did know a vampire or two. I knew five, in fact. But I didn't need to protect myself. They wouldn't hurt me.

"Who?" Edgar questioned.

"Can't say. I don't know for sure." I answered. "And I don't want to name names incase they aren't."

Edgar didn't look like he approved, but he didn't say anything. Both Edgar and Alan turned around, walking into the store.

"So," I started, following them. "What are some signs?"

"Signs?" Edgar said, turning back to me.

"Yeah, you know, signs? That someone's a vampire?" I asked, awkwardly.

"Well, maybe if they have fangs, drink blood. Stuff like that." He said, pushing past me. I sighed, following him.

"No, I mean less obvious signs." I said, stopping by his side.

"Listen. I'll tell you things I want to tell you. You don't get to decide what you learn." Edgar snapped.

"Okay. So why don't you get to telling me the things you want me to know. That way you don't have to see me longer than you want to." I replied.

"Then leave. Because I don't want to see you at all, and I don't want you to know anything. So go," He said, walking away again.

"Edgar," I tried, but he ignored me. I didn't know what to do. I glanced at Alan, who was looking at me. I sighed, then walked out of the store.

What would I tell David?

---

Short update but I hope you liked it. This chapter kind of gave off a mean vibe. But what ever. Idek where this is going tbh. Have a good day. :)