Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I was woken by the sun shining through my bedroom window. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

Why the hell was it sunny outside? First of all, this was London, if it wasn't raining, there was something wrong with the universe. Second of all, the day was too happy for me. it didn't exactly match my current mood. My pillow was still wet from all the tears I had shed last night.

I looked at my alarm clock to see it was only 7:00 AM. I still had some time before school started. I ran my fingers against the scars on my wrist, wincing at the pain that caused me. They were mostly healed, but the area was tender.

I let my gaze shift to my poster of Tom Hiddleston that I had on my wall. I gave him a quick smile and walked into the bathroom to examine my sullen face.

Oh God, I looked a mess.

My long chocolate brown hair was tied up in knots and my eyes were still red from crying. I undressed, throwing my pajamas carelessly on the floor and took a quick shower. I then put on some jeans, a violet blouse and grabbed my things for school.

I grabbed an apple as I left.

I decided that this would be a test to see how serious my mother was about the whole "you have to pay for your food" thing. I walked through the streets of London chewing on my apple. The streets were still wet from last night's downpour.

I walked a couple more blocks to my school's campus. It wasn't a very large building. It was simply tall and made out of brick. If it weren't for the sign that read Stone Hill Secondary School, you'd have never guessed that plain building was a school.

I walked in through the front doors right as the bell rang. I ran to my locker to avoid being late, ignoring the group of girls snickering at me as I passed them. I took out a text book and went to period 1, which was calculus.

"Hey Professor Thomson" I greeted my teacher flashing him a smile to hide my obvious distress. He gave me a small simper as I sat down and then got up from his desk.

"Today we will be starting a new lesson. Turn to page 432 in your text book, and read the chapter silently. Take notes."

Half the class groaned. What was the point of him as a professor if we were teaching ourselves the lesson?

I opened my book and flipped through the chapter. Everyone else stared at their text book blankly with confused expressions on their faces..

I skimmed over the chapter jotting down a few things that seemed important, not really bothering to understand. I wasn't motivated, so sue me.

"Pssst.." someone called from behind. I turned around slightly to meet the gaze of Jenna, one of the more decent people in my year, who had called my attention.

"What?" I whispered

"Do you understand this at all?" she asked.

I shrugged.

Sarah, who sat next to me, snickered and whispered something that sounded like 'dumbass' but I decided to ignore her.

"Miss Williams please refrain from talking in my class" Mr. Thomson said.

Of course he singled me out...

I admit, it took all my will-power to refrain from giving him a sarcastic or rude remark. I muttered and apology and kept working.

Forty minutes later, the bell rang and I rushed to my next period.

My next class was French. French wasn't too difficult if you didn't count the fact that my grammar was atrocious. However, Madame Marèchal hated me and I gladly returned the feeling.