Chapter 29

(Nicole POV)

Fresh air.

God how I missed that. 

I was outside the house where we'd been held captive for months. 

10 months to be exact. 

They took Tom to the hospital as soon as they got my mum in custody. 

I wanted to know if he was okay...... I saw him get shot and that image replayed in my head over and over. 

Terrence came over holding the Maddie. They had found her upstairs in my old room crying. She was okay though. 

The three of us were supposed to go to the hospital after answering a few questions though none of us were injured too much. 

The press hadnt been informed yet though I was sure they'd find out soon. 

A tear rolled down my cheek as Terrence but an arm around me comfortingly. 

I saw as they dragged my mum into the back of a police car and drove off. She yelled at me the whole time. 

The whole time we had been prisoners in my own house. In a room hidden behind a book case. How I never knew it was there, I have no idea. 

I was just glad the nightmare was over. She was going to be locked away for the rest of her life and the worst part is that she could still ruin my life. How? 

If Tom died in the hospital thats how.

I wouldnt be able to live with myself. 

(3 hours later)

I was finally in the hospital. I had just gotten cleared by the doctor and was currently looking for Tom's room. Terrence stayed behind to look after Maddie a different section of the hospital. 

News of what had happen spread like wild fire across the world. The hospital was completly surrounded by cops and fans...... millions of them. I have no idea how they found us but they did. The most surprising part was that they weren't screaming at the top of ther lungs but they were silently praying and wishing for Tom to get better. By now the world knew that Tom had been shot. They knew he might not survive. 

I finally found his room and walked in. He  was peacfully lying on the bed. He looked helpless and weak.  hated seeing him like that. The doctor came in behind me. 

"You'r not supposed to be in here" He said worridly. He probably thought I was one of the fans from outside. 

I turned around 

"I was the girl he was kidnapped with" 

He relaxed a bit

"Well, still no visitors allowed yet" He said. 

"not even 5 minutes?" I begged. He looked uncertain but then nodded. 

"5 minutes, no more" He said.

"Will he be okay?" I asked. 

"He's lost too much blood" He said solemnly, " we got the bullet out but he also has a broken rib and sprained ankle" 

"But that's not fatal right?" I asked, "and you can easily get blod transfusions right?"

"Yes but its up to him now" The doctor said, "he's in a comma right now, he may not wake up" 

a nurse walked in the room

"Sir, we need you in room B23" She said. 

The doctor nodded.