Chapter 7

"Hey Mark" I greeted as I walked into Starbucks at 5 am. 

Such an ungodly hour, but hey, I needed money to eat. 

"Hello Nicole, you can start right away. All you need to do is take orders and pass them on to the people making the coffee or whatever else the costomer orders. If they order a pastery tell Lindsey who's in charge of that." Mark explained.

"Sounds easy enough" I said. 

"Now since you're new here, let me introduce you to everyone." He said. Everyone gathered. 

"This is Anthony, Maria, Therese, Lyndsey and Lucy" he said. "They work the morining shifts with you. Lyndsey aslo works night shifts like you do."

"Nice to meet you all" I said smiling.

"Now we open in ten minutes so start getting ready Nicole" He said as he walked into the back.

Lindsey walked up to me as everyone else got back to what they were doing.

"Hey" she greeted. 

"Hi" 

"So what brings you to Starbucks" she asked.

"I'm broke and I needed a job" I said with out giving much detail. 

"how about you?" I asked. 

"Well, my mom got me a job here because she says I have life way too easy and that I'm spoiled so she made me work here to live like everyone else" she said in a snotty tone of voice. 

"I mean, she's making me work with a bunch of low life loosers when I could be doing something useful like paintiing my nails!" she whined.

I rolled my eyes

Girl you have it easy if that's what you call a problem. I thought

I got behind the counter as a blond lady walked in. She inspected the pastery section and cam up to me. 

"Good Morning ma'am" I greeted, "how may I help you?" I asked trying to sound as polite as I could. 

"I would like some pourage and a decaf coffee please." she ordered.

I told Anthony to get her a coffee and I made the pourage myself. 

She paid with her credit card and sat down at a table in the corner of the shop.

I sighed realizing how boring my life would be for my last two days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Nicole POV)

"nice of you to show up" my French teacher said in her usual obnoxious accent as I walked into my class 10 minutes late.

"sorry" I muttered as I picked a seat in the back and sat down.

"I want you all to start on your French oral report  now in class." my teacher said, "that way if you need help you can ask. Now pick a parter to work with and get started.

Everyone had a parter already and got started, well except me. I worked alone.

The report was on the French Revolution which was a topic I was already familiar with. 

I was almost done with it by the time the bell rang. 

I got up from my seat and walked out. I had a free period next so I went to the library and read a random book I picked out from the shelves. While I read I listened to music on my ipod. The first song that came on was Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift.

I didnt finish reading the book because I closed my eyes and fell asleep to the music.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N)

Hey thanks for reading!!!

vote and comment

i like to hear feedback:) posative or negative.