Chapter 18

(Nicole POV)

It's been two years since I met Tom. Exactly two years since i tried to take my own life. My life had defiantly made a turn for the better since then. Tom was like my older brother and he had helped me through so much. He was my mentor for acting as well.

When we got back from Paris, Tom got me a small part in a movie. The director recognised my talent for acting which I didn't know I had and since then I'm an actress. I was not very well known yet but I was happy with that.

I was happy I no longer had to rely on Tom for everything and I now had my own apartment in the city.

I hadn't heard from my family since but I didn't care. They were out of my life. I had a new family which consisted of Tom an his family.

It was December 15 and I sat in my living room with my puppy. Tom gave me a cocker spaniel puppy for Christmas 2 year ago so I had company while he was gone. He had been traveling a lot after Thor: The Dark World came out. He had to go film movies and was also out of the country for charity events.

I named my puppy Loki after Tom's character in Thor and Avengers.

My life seemed so perfect. Well, until it crumbled apart with one text message.

I felt my cell phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out to see I had a text from an unknown number. I read it out of curiosity.

- it's not right that your life is so perfect. Don't worry, I will fix that.

It was only signed M

I decided to ignore it. At first I thought it was just someone's idea of a joke so I shrugged it off and continued with life.

My phone began to ring. It was Tom so I answered it.

"Hey!" I greeted.

"Hello, love how'a life treating you?"

"Great, you?"

"Great as well, I was wondering if you want to meet me for coffee somewhere, I just came back from the US and haven't seen you in months"

I smiled, "sure, I'd love to"

" is 5:30 alright" he asked.

"Yea, I'll meet you at the Prêt around the corner from your flat?" I offered.

"Not necessary, ill pick you up" he said. I knew it would be futile to argue so I agreed.

"Okay bye"

"Bye"

I hung up. I had about ten minutes to get ready. I got up from my comfortable couch and walked to my room with Loki at my heels. Loki followed me everywhere I went. I loved that adorable puppy.

I got down to his level and scratched him behind his ears. He wagged his tail happily and and crouched down playfully.

"Sorry Loki, I have to get ready to go. I can't play now but I will when I come back. I promise" I promised Loki.

Ten minutes later I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to see Tom smiling at me. Loki ran to the door and jumped all over Tom.

"Ehehe, it seems Loki missed me" he said scratching his ears.

"Don't flatter yourself he jumps on anybody he sees" I said hugging Tom.

"Let me leave some food for him" I said. I left Loki some food and Tom and I walked down to his car. He opened the door for me like the gentleman he is and got into the driver's seat.

-----------------------------------------------

(Tom POV)

I sat with Nicole on the first floor of Prêt. She hadn't stopped smiling since I saw her and she hadn't stopped talking about Loki. She was telling me about all the things Loki had done. The name Loki suited him very well as he was the most mischievous dog I had ever laid eyes upon.

"Then Loki gave me the cutest little puppy face ever and I had to forgive him for trashing the whole living room ." Nicole said laughing.

"He still does that?" I asked, "isn't he just about a 2 years old now? That's about 14 human years"

"I know and he still acts like he's 3 months old or something" I heard her phone vibrate loudly and she took it out of her pocket and read the message. The smile on her instantly disappeared and she looked worried.

"You alright?" I asked. She looked up from her phone.

"Uh, yea" she quickly put her phone away.

------------------------------------------

(Nicole POV)

- you really shouldn't ignore me. Even if you're having do much fun with Your little boyfriend.
~M

I instantly regretted looking at the message. Whoever this was was stalking me.

"You alright?" Tom asked. I thought about telling him about this but I didn't want to worry him with this. He had already done so much for me.

"Uh yea" I said. I looked around but didn't see anybody who looked suspicious. I turned the ringer off my phone.

We finished our food.

As Tom drove me back I checked my phone again. I had a couple missed texts.

- Hey Nikki! Hang out tomorrow? ~ Allison

Allison was my best friend now. Of course she eventually found out about Tom and completely flipped out but she finally found a way to act civilised when around Tom. She was the only person who I allowed to call Nikki. I hated that nickname but I was never able to get her to stop calling me that and it stuck.

-okay cant wait:) ~Nicole

I answered.
I looked at the other texts

- did I forget to mention I know where you live? ~M

Crap. I stated at the text in disbelief. I wanted to ignore it but I ended up responding.

-who the hell is this and stop texting me!

Two minutes later I got a reply.

-ah, you stopped ignoring me. of course if I told you my name it would take all the fun out of this;)

I rolled my eyes. We pulled up at my building and I got out with Tom.

Soon we were at my apartment.

"Nice seeing you again" I said.

"Likewise" Tom replied happily, "goodnight love"

"Bye" I said unlocking my door. I walked in and shut the door behind me.

I didn't even lock my door before I let out the loudest scream I could make.

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading guys:)
Im sorry if some of you don't like that I skipped a couple years but all you need to know about those two years is that Nicole was happy and everything was finally going well for her.
Sorry I left it in a cliff hanger but I felt like it was a good place to end the chapter. Hope you liked it.

Vote and comment:)

Please let me know what you think.