Chapter 11- Secret Pathway

“There, done,” Lou said as she brushed on the last bit of makeup onto Harry’s face.

“Thanks Lou,” Harry smiled, standing up.

“Anytime, and by the way Savannah,” she smiled and said, “congrats on the baby.”

I just smiled in response as Harry grabbed my hand and headed out the door.

As we rode the elevator down to the lobby, I took a second to examine Harry’s face. Lou did a great job, it’s like the fight never happened.

We walked out of the elevator and waited in the lobby for either Paul or Jerry to come and guide us to Harry’s car. The screaming got louder once everyone noticed we were in the lobby. I’ve definitely gotten better with the noise, but I wasn’t completely used to it.

“Ready?” Jerry asked us, bringing my wandering mind back to reality.

“Yup,” Harry answered for the both of us.

We followed Jerry out the door and I heard requests for pictures and autographs coming from every direction, but I ignored them all. Harry and I decided we would stop for pictures and autographs after we came back, because it would be late and there should be a smaller crowd later.

After we were safely in the car, we thanked Jerry through the window and carefully pulled away, making sure not to hit any of the girls.

“So where are we going?” I asked.

“Anywhere but here,” he sighed.

“I’m so sorry Harry,” I shook my head.

“Don’t be sorry, you did nothing wrong,” he put one hand on my knee and kept his eyes on the road.

“I came between you and Zayn. I never wanted this to happen, this is the one fear I had when we started dating and I thought it would never happen, but I guess I was wrong.”

“Look, I know Zayn is your brother, but I’ve known him a bit longer than you have and I know that he is just processing it. He’ll come around, I know he will,” he reassured me.

I didn’t respond, instead I just turned my head to look out the window. I watched as we passed by all these little shops and bakeries.

We drove for a little while longer before he pulled into a pathway that was barely noticeable with all the trees that surrounded it.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“You’ll see,” he smiled devilishly, knowing that I hate surprises.

He stopped the car and got out, so I followed. We walked down the path for a minute until the path opened up to a circle that allowed the moonlight to shine perfectly.

“What’s this?” I asked in awe.

“Last year, the boys and I were being chase by fans so we saw this little path and turned down it, running as fast as our legs would take us. None of them could find us in here, it was so peaceful and beautiful, and so we stayed here talking so a few hours. I thought I should bring you here because it takes all my worries away, so maybe it could do the same for you.”

I smiled at him and looked around at all the trees that were starting to grow leaves again. “Harry,” I took a deep breath, “this is amazing. I love you.”

“I love you too Savannah.”

Harry’s POV

I watched her as she took in the scenery around us. She is so beautiful and I love how she appreciates the simple things in life and sees beauty in everything and everyone.

I feel so bad for what I did, I came between her and Zayn; her own brother. She thinks it’s all her fault and it’s not.

I sat down on the ground and she sat down next to me. I put my arm loosely around her as she leaned into me. Nothing could be more perfect than this moment. I know it sounds so cliché, but I really do love her and I’ve never felt this way about anyone.

My heart started beating faster and my palms became clammy as I put my free hand into my pocket.

“Are you okay?” she asked, looking up at me.

No, I thought to myself. “Yeah, I’m great.”

I tried convincing myself that everything would go as planned, but I just couldn’t. What if she thought it was only because of the baby? What if she doesn’t want to?

“Harry, I know you’re lying,” she said, breaking me from my thoughts, “you’re feet are shaking.”

She knows me too well. “I promise, just a little nervous.”

“About what?” she cocked her head to the side.

“The baby, what if something goes wrong?” I half lied. Of course I was nervous about it, but that isn’t what’s on my mind at the moment.

“Everything will be okay, we will always have each other to lean on,” she put her hand on mine.

“Savannah?” I asked.

“Yeah?” she sat up and looked at me.

I pulled her up to her feet and took a deep breath. “You are the girl I have waited my whole life to meet, and I finally have. When I first saw you, I instantly knew you were something special. When I was with you, I couldn’t look away. When I wasn’t, you never left my mind. I finally worked up the courage to ask you out on a date and I’m so glad I did. This past year has been amazing and I couldn’t have asked for anything more.” At this point, her eyes were lined with tears. She must know what’s going to happen next. “Now, we are about to start a family, and I’m ecstatic. I’ve never been happier in my life. You bring me so much joy and I don’t have any reason to wait any longer.”

I got down on my knee and pulled the velvet box out of my pocket and opened up for her to see. She nodded her head, unable to speak. I took the ring out of the box and slid it on her finger. I stood up and engulfed her into a hug, twirling her around.

“I love you so much Harry, I can’t even believe this,” she cried into my ear. I loosened our hug so I could look at my beautiful fiancé and kiss her.

“I love you too.”

Goal: 10 votes

           9 comments.