Chapter Two

Amazing cover made by Misuspotato! I love it, thank you :)♡

I couldn't wait to show you all this chapter, so I went ahead and wrote it as a little thank you for being the best followers a girl could ask for! And because of that, I bring to you chapter two! Be warning, this will be intense!! But, anyway! Here's a virtual hug from me to you, and as always.... I hope you...

Enjoy my loves! :)
______

       I could feel something pounding in my mind, causing me to grimace in pain as I felt the roots of my hair being tugged, causing my body to stand. Opening my eyes, I saw another masked guard, his black eyes smirking at me as I was kicked out of the room. The air left my lungs as I felt his hands releasing me as the air swiftly went by as I returned to the ground. The rush scent of blood filled the air as my cut opened once again. Clenching my jaw, I didn't speak or fight as my short locks came in front of my face, bringing back the shame. The thin straps of the dress were lifted, my body leaving the ground as I was tossed over the masked beings shoulder. Lifting my head slightly, I could see that I had been placed in the dungeons of some area, the walls, floor, and ceiling all made of stone and sand. Doors littered the walls as I was carried out the long corridor, only to shut my eyes at the sight of so many bodies being held by chains, and bones that had seemed to be permitting the stench of agony and depression into the stones.

       The sound of a cracking whip filled the air as the stairs came into view, followed by the cry of a young maiden begging for forgiveness. No... what have they done to my people?

       The urge to fight seemed to diminish as my cut locks would move into my vision, causing me to close my eyes tightly. I was ashamed... for I knew that even I somehow would be able to escape these chains that were bound around my wrists and ankles, there would be nothing but dishonor and misery as my people would see the cut strength. As the wooden door was opened to allow us out of the dark chambers, I could feel the light hit the back of my head, showing that I had been down in the dark for longer than I had thought. Long enough to have my wound slightly healed and scabbed over, the dried blood dripping down my arm as blue and purple bruises littered my body. The streams of fresh blood flowed over my painted markings, causing me to look closely at the smudged beauty covered in blood and dirt.

       Horrid odor filled my senses as I was taken to a different room, and out another door until I could feel the warmth of the sun, and the sound of grass moving under large feet. Opening my eyes, I noticed the light blue sky, only a few white puffs of small clouds littering the far off distance, seeming to be close to the Kingdom of Night. The suns were high in the sky, showing that it was close to the middle of the day. The sound of a rippling stream came from my right, causing me to slowly turn my attention towards a babbling broke, seeing a few tents litter the small space under the oak trees. A small fire had been placed beside the brook, giving fresh water, fish, and somewhere the bath during the travelers time spent here. But, as the sound of wings flapping became louder, I noticed that this was the came of my people's killers... the destroyer of Mother tree... and the reason I had been taken from my life mates arms.

        Biting back the tears that threatened to spill, I just let my head back down, watching the long legs of my carrier bring me further away from the hidden dungeons. Looking up for a moment, I could see a few rocks, making the mouth of a large cave, that seemed to go deep into the earth. But, it seemed to be dragon made, blending in with nature, but having a different appeal to it... a sense of danger and despair drifting off of the stones. We were in the middle of a large meadow, few trees, but vast mountains and valleys surrounding us. I was far from the floating mountains... far away from Eenack and Mother tree.